Monday, July 30, 2007

No End In Sight.

I realized late yesterday morning that if I want to wear the green shawl to a wedding on Saturday, I better get cracking.

So, Harry's been on the sidelines for the last 24 hours and I've been knitting like the wind.



Here's a close up of the beads I'm doing instead of nupps.

I have one more repeat of chart b, then on to 2 or 3 of chart c, then the bind off. If I don't eat, shower, sleep or pay any attention to my family, I just might make it.

It's a beautiful pattern. But I can say with all honesty that I'll never make it again. I still haven't gotten completely relaxed with the repeats, so I'm constantly having to count stitches, look back and forth between the pattern and knitting, and even with doing that, I'm still making mistakes. It's all just so time consuming.

*I swear if I don't get one compliment on this damn thing on Saturday night, I'm giving it to the first person who asks for it.*

6 Comments:

Blogger Archiknist said...

I didn't realize you were going to use beads instead of nupps. Genius! I made a scarf with nupps once and it was nearly the death of me--the nupps weren't that visible, and drive me crazy.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Christie said...

What a pretty shawl! Can I have it?

6:01 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Rich color and wonderful design (even if it is giving you fits). Beads...what a great added sparkle and texture!
Surely you will get compliments galore. What color is the dress you are adorning this with?

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh crumbs, Christie beat me to it!
Er... what are nupps?

9:57 PM  
Blogger Arianwen said...

It looks really lovely! Hope you finish in time!

2:42 AM  
Blogger sue said...

There is no possible way that you will get through the evening without compliments on this amazing shawl, but I know several of us would be willing to stoop to fist fighting in the parking lot should you decide to give it up : )

Sue

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home