Thursday, July 26, 2007

Stashing Like It's Nobody's Business.

I got my Ravelry work cut out for me. I'm not the only one either. A few of the Weds. Night Stitch N Bitch girls came over while Hubs and The Boy were out of town. Our main objectives were to sit, knit, talk, eat and laugh. All of those things happened and we also had a yarn exchange. When I asked if the others wanted to do it, I thought they'd bring maybe 5 skeins of yarn each. Since downsizing into the fiber closet, I really didn't have much to give away. Others, however, had plenty. Everyone so generously gave away ball after ball of beautiful yarn, knowing they would be going to a loving home. One brought a stack of books to give away. One brought a wooden spindle and roving. One brought knitting bags and handmade totes no longer needed. I'm in awe of how generous everyone was. It was sweet.

This is the only photo I took, but if I find more I'll post them. My living room was wall to wall fiber. It was heaven! This represents maybe a quarter of what was traded.
Introducing...my haul.

Yeah, that's alot, and not even all of it. (I get a little giddy just writing that, never mind turning around and looking at it sitting on the desk behind me. It blows me away, how awesome people can be.)

And look, I'm still knitting. Almost to chart b! I have one more repeat, then I can start it. I lengthened the shawl a bit. The yarn I'm using is thinner and I want it to wrap me up like a big woolysilky Zephyr hug.

1 Comments:

Blogger Christie said...

Looks like you've got some great stuff there! That is really cool that you guys traded off.

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home