Monday, August 06, 2007

Comin' Down Off My High

The weekend is still a blur. I'm still tired and feeling drained, then hyper. Slightly manic? Yeah.

I had to put everything on hold knitting-wise until I finished the shawl. Now I feel like I have nothing to do. But I have more things on the needle than I'm comfortable with.

First, MS3. With all honesty, I'm not loving the idea of the wing. I've seen only a couple of photos of clue five finished and it doesn't make me say WOW! like the beginning of the stole did. So, I have a feeling I'm going to be learning kitchener's stitch quick or figuring out how to do her charts backwards.

Second, the red Valpuri. It's due the 13th and I don't have the strength for it. I'm bored, I admit it.

Third, the surprise blue cabled sweater. I have the sleeves and the fronts to do, but since I have so much time (it's due in Oct.) I feel like I can procrastinate more.

Fourth, pick a baby, any baby. I have 5 friends/relatives who are expecting. I have 1 sweater done. Even with my limited math skills I know it's not enough baby stuff. It's not like I can expect them to share, right?
And fifth, Hubs says I can't go to Rhinebeck unless he has a sweater, completed and wearable. Anyone know any men's easy v-neck sweater patterns? It's got to go up to a xxl. Damn it, why didn't I marry a goldfish??






8 Comments:

Blogger Archiknist said...

I'm doing the wing, if you want to see in (or part of it) on Wednesday. Also, I love the Spring Things Shawl--especially the points and beads. I wimped out on the mystery stole beads, but I'll definitely have to try beads instead of nupps.

And I'm so relieved you wore panties!

5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, but the wing in MS3 is so much fun to knit. You should at least give it a try - I am enjoying the process a lot, and the lace pattern is very pretty methinks.

How about this for the hubby sweater: you could tell him that you need to pick a good yarn for him FROM Rhinebeck. As for pattern, the one in the latest IK looks like a fun pattern to make.

10:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WIP it! Into shape! :D You are so prolific, I can't wait to see all these!

10:56 PM  
Blogger jennsquared said...

I'm doing the wing also, but I JUST finished Clue 3!!! Yes, I know I am super slow. Cobblestone is a cool pattern from brooklyntweed. I think it's published in IK that just came out. I'll bring the magazine with me Wednesday to show you (in case you don't have IK).

8:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am doing one of their patterns for me right now. Pretty straightforward instructions. I would really measure though. But, you probably knew that.

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did I leave the link? If not, here it is.

http://www.knittingpureandsimple.com/Men.html

9:00 AM  
Blogger Sachi said...

Totally go for something in a bulky weight for hubbs. ;-)

11:03 AM  
Blogger Faith said...

Look at you, cranking out the projects! Well done lady. And I totally second the vote for the Brooklyn Tweed pattern in the newest IK- it's a sexy kind of man knit.

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home