Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Compare and Contrast.

I went to 2 health clubs yesterday. On paper, they are similar but that's where it ends.

I'm still up in the air about the whole thing, mainly because it's alot of money and I'm afraid of going for 2 months and then quitting.

Healthtrax was perfect. It has a more theraputic feel to it, there were "normal" people working out and the facility was spotless. There is literally not a single thing that I didn't like about this place, except for the high cost.

LA Fitness has it's downfalls. If I had only seen this club, I probably would have joined. But I saw Healthtrax and when I compare the two, I can't help but to be drawn to Healthtrax. On the other hand, it's almost 400 bucks cheaper, and I can stop the contract anytime. But it's a big, trendy gym. There were women there in full makeup, attempting to look hot while walking on their treadmills with their Ipods and ponytails bouncing behind them. Just silly.

I have an appt. to work out with a trainer as a "complimentary" session at Healthtrax on Weds. evening. We'll see how it goes.

I have a feeling there won't be anymore trips to the fibery heavens anytime soon- except Rhinebeck, which I'm going to no matter how poor I am.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you for joining up! Now remember, knitting + treadmill = disaster.

3:14 PM  
Blogger Hunny said...

have you looked at planet fitness?

3:17 PM  
Blogger Gauss said...

I've recently joined a gym, too, but my decision was easy: University gym = cheap monthly plan + really close to my home and office. Other gyms = not even worth looking at. I didn't care so much about who goes there (college women who weigh half as me and college men whose pecs weigh as much as me), since it's never too crowded and it has a pool.

I understand your dilemma, though. Can you try both gyms, say for a week, and see if the trendiness really bothers you? I tend to zone out when I exercise, and barely notice who's around me!

4:02 PM  
Blogger Archiknist said...

Did you go at the same time of day (that is, the time you're planning to go usually)? Kevin and I went to our gym (which we thought mostly had normal people) at a different time that usual, and it was like it was a completely different place! Weird!

4:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always hated that at Fitness Edge. After 5:00 the gym all of a sudden turned into a pick up place. The women wearing make up and flirting with the guys who are just showing off their muscles. It's stupid. I'm there to work out and that's it. That's why I'm glad my job has a gym....I hardly ever go anymore but I'm gonna start going again soon....maybe.

7:14 PM  
Blogger Sachi said...

Hmmm... do you have a Curves near you? I hear they're good.

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home