Thursday, August 16, 2007

A Decision Has To Be Made.

I feel good after last night's beating. I mean, workout. A little sore, but it feels like my muscles are just waking up.



I need to decide a few things, both with this workout stuff and with knitting stuff.



First, the workout. I need to join. But it's expensive. I wish I could grab a crystal ball and see if I will continue going in 7 months. If I do, then it's worth it. If not, I'd have wasted a ton of cash.



Second, knitting. I have to decide if I'm going to rip or continue with MS3. I'm stuck on clue 3. Not stuck- as in, I can't figure the pattern out, but stuck- as in, I've seen the wing portion for the stole (and hate it), I can't go on. I think if I did it as a symmetrical stole, then grafted, it would be ok. But I've never grafted more than 15-20 stitches and I have no idea how it will look.



I also want to do a pair of monkey socks- yes, I said socks, and I need that needle.



Should I rip or continue then graft or put it on another needle and put the whole project on hold?



BTW, I finished another Forest Canopy Shawl. I totally rocked this one out in a couple days for my family's reunion. Go me. It will be put into a raffle. I hope it goes to a good home! I'll take photos tomorrow, if the sun comes out.

5 Comments:

Blogger www.stepherz.com said...

Yayy for you and the working out! That's awesome. Once you start seeing results (and it doesn't take long), you will want to go. It will become part of your routine. Making the commitment of the gym membership will also encourage you.

You rock on those shawls! You should sell a few of your pretties on Etsy to help fund your gym membership? Just an idea...

10:39 PM  
Blogger Sachi said...

Send me the shawl. I'll finish it for you. ;-)

Seriously though... place her sweetly in a ziplock and revisit the issue in a month. She'll be a) hot on the needles because you adore the finished product everyone else has or b) easier to rip because there's been more time since the sweat over the knitted portion thus far.

11:33 PM  
Blogger Christie said...

I totally agree with Sachi. Her reasoning is awesome!

6:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

There's a symmetric version of the MS3 that doesn't require grafting; check out the files!

Gauss

8:06 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

I had a stole once front-to-back-of-neck in two pieces that the idea of grafting in eighty-something stitches just totally threw me. I finally did a three-needle bindoff instead, and it worked just fine. It's not as perfect, but it really does look good enough that only another knitter might care--and then only to go, hey, that looks easy! It was easy.

--AlisonH

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home