Sunday, August 05, 2007

Spring Things Shawl- DONE!

Thank you for your words of love and thoughts for my grandmother. I'm happy to say that she's doing awesome and will be coming home on Monday. We saw her yesterday, she has her color back and was cracking jokes about everything.


To update the rest of my busy weekend-


I went to see the Yarn Harlot talk and sign books. She's funny and sweet and listened to our stories while she had 20 people left to meet. I brought the shawl with me to tink while she talked. I begged Rebecca to show me a looser bind off while we ate ice cream after the signing. It worked. I was up until almost 1 am trying to pin this thing out on The Boy's floor, in semi darkness, while he slept. Funny, it went super easy and smooth. I thought it was perfect. Of course, I saw it the next morning and it was right-side down. lol


I got up Saturday, ran The Boy to his grammie's house, then went home and started to pretty myself. We went to the service- no air in the church. It was stifling in there. Nasty. We visited Gram between the service and reception. She was so surprised to see us dressed up. I even had on makeup (and panties- Rebecca! It was that kind of place.) Trust me, she'll get that joke, but no one else will.


We went to the reception, drank, ate, drank, ate. Went home. (Thank god for sober drivers, I swear.)


So here's what you've all been waiting for- Me in the finished Spring Things Shawl. (Can I say just one last time how much this thing kicked my ass?)





And sorry, Christine, many people complimented me all night, so you don't get it.



15 Comments:

Blogger Baby Beth said...

Beautiful. And you looked great too. ;)

Glad to hear your grandmother is doing well.

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to her your grandmother is doing better. The shawl looks beautiful!

11:16 AM  
Blogger Xia Diaz said...

I'm glad everything turned out to be fine with your grandmother. I love the shawl!

11:52 AM  
Blogger Christie said...

Well, you can't blame a girl for trying! Beautiful work...if it didn't get complimented [I was about to type complicated!] then I would assume you would have been in a dark room full of partially sighted people.

Glad you got it done in time!

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely!

6:17 PM  
Blogger Faith said...

Oh it's so beautiful! And perfect! Can I please please link to it?

12:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The shawl came out beautifully!

6:41 AM  
Blogger jennsquared said...

That's gorgeous! I know you were busy finishing that up for the wedding! It turned out so great!

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, it's lovely!

I'm so glad everything's looking up.

1:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, pretty!
Yarn Harlot posted some pics from Friday night on her blog. But be forewarned, there is spider-related content. (Don't worry, it has a happy ending & is damned funny to boot!)

4:47 PM  
Blogger weeble wobble said...

omg you *and* the shawl look beeyoutiful!!!

4:49 PM  
Blogger Sachi said...

You look positively divine in that shawl! Wonderful job!!!

Also, I'm so sorry that you're dealing with such a shock with Grandma. You're never ready to deal with such emergencies, regardless of the sufferer's age. I'm glad to hear she'll be home soon!

5:50 PM  
Blogger www.stepherz.com said...

It's beautiful! And I don't think I've ever seen a picture of you before. Good job on the shawl, it's amazing.

4:16 PM  
Blogger Deenz said...

The shawl (and you) look beautiful!!!!

11:06 PM  
Blogger sophanne said...

That is great! h

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home