Friday, August 24, 2007

Where Has This Week Gone?

I've been busy. It's been a week since joining the gym. I've worked out daily, except for Sunday and today. I've walked 1-2 miles daily, biked about 3-5 miles daily and strength-trained every other day. I also had the pleasure of taking a water aerobics class with 20 of my closest 65-80 year old friends. One woman asked if I was their new instructor! Hehee. No.

I've lost 2.5 pounds. Disapointing. This happens to me everytime I start to diet. It's like my body tries to hold on to the fat, but once it realizes that I don't need it, it comes off easier. Luckily, I'm not doing it for the weight loss. My diet has improved, I'm not eating nearly the amount of sugar as I was and I'm not really craving it either. I'm sleeping better. This experience has been everything I had hoped.

In other news, I started yet another project. No, it's not a baby sweater. It's a sweater for Hubs! Sleeves are done, and I'm working a simple stockinette body in the round. I've been working on it everywhere- walking to the doctor's office, walking around IKEA today, at SnB last Weds. It's a simple project.

Val also inspired me to work on my MS3. Go check out her's (scroll down. And take a peek at those socks...awesome.)

4 Comments:

Blogger Christie said...

Hey, 2 1/2, that's awesome! I've gained about 5 in a month of working in an office. Yeah. I'm going to get inspired by you and start working out!

The stole is so pretty! Love it!

6:07 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Two and a half pounds is nothing to sneeze about. Remember, if you are working out every day/every other day, you are building up muscle, which weighs more than fat. Do measurements of the old body. How do the clothes fit? How do you feel? Try not to get too hooked on the actual pound-age.

11:10 AM  
Blogger Baby Beth said...

I'm with Christie. I gained weight too since working in an office. But I start at the gym next week and every Monday night I'm going to be taking a free class they offer. Gotta love free stuff!

And good for you! :)

11:31 AM  
Blogger www.stepherz.com said...

That's so awesome! Two and a half pounds doesn't soung like much, but in a month that's more than 10 pounds!! A month flies by too!

Keep it up!

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home