Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Back, Tan and Thankful.

As good as vacation is, it's better to be home. The weather was hot and humid. I'm tan (for me anyways.) It feels sunburned though- I touch my skin then about 5 seconds later I feel that burning sensation. It's not cooked, but noticeable. I wore atleast 30 spf every day, all day, whenever I stepped outside. I promise.

It's strange to get used to daily life again- everything from cleaning house to knowing exactly where everything is in my cabinets to knowing how to get to the store without having to ask directions.

I did knit, but it's still a big grey blob o' man sweater. I started a baby sweater, which I hate and will frog soon.

I read 3 books.

I walked about 14 miles while down there. But I also ate disastrously. I've gained back the few pounds I lost. Bummer.

I lost my license at some point but luckily I still got home ok. I wish I got the name of the wonderful TSA associate who helped to calm me down at the airport coming home. We were running late, I obsessed over the loss of the license all week and I had no idea what they were going to say or do to me. (When I called the airline to report the missing ID, I was told that I was subject to search and interrogation). I also HATE flying, so all that added up to me, shaking and almost in tears while waiting in the security line. The associate treated me like I was a human, managed to make me laugh and forget for a few minutes that I was late and anxious. For that, I thank him.

I learned that little boy's heads and tile floor don't mix. The Boy is fine, no need for stitches or the hospital. But my god, I've never felt so guilty or scared in all my life.

I'll have photos up soon. I have a busy week of getting back on track health-wise and getting caught up on school.

Leave a comment and let me know you are still breathing, ok?


And, lest we forget...

This day is always a day of heartbreak and sadness for many. I feel the pain of those who lost their lives in the attack and my thoughts are with those who carry on.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am breathing, but barely - I have a rotten cold.

12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, you're back. You were missed.

1:26 PM  
Blogger Christie said...

Sounds like quite a vacation.

It is a somber day. My thoughts are continually with those who were affected.

2:19 PM  
Blogger www.stepherz.com said...

I'm glad you had a great trip! I love the way a light sunburn feels. I know that's crazy but I think it's OK to get one once in awhile. :-)

I'm so sorry about the ID too. At least they were nice to you and helped you through it.

I flew on September 11th last year and it was really strange and surreal. Everyone on board was really quiet and I think it was because we all were thinking about those that lost their lives and how frightening that must have been for them.

Welcome back...

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still breathing... check! Glad you were able to have some fun in the sun -- get some aloe on that sunburn, girl... Sue

2:53 PM  
Blogger RC said...

HEY! glad to see you home & healthy and tan!
sounds like a good time, tell us all the deets!

6:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still breathing!
Don't worry, I was dropped on my head a bunch of times and look how awesome I turned out, haha! Remind me tomorrow to tell you the story my boss told me today about how she "accidentally" broke her son's nose.

9:23 PM  
Blogger Baby Beth said...

I'm alive too...

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home