Sunday, September 30, 2007

Decisions Made.

First, let me thank everyone for the comments on my wedgie post. Although I temporarily felt defeated, I went back to the gym on Thursday and kicked serious ass. I ran OVER one mile, without stopping or dying. One Mile....wow.

Thank god for my IPOD. Music is such a driving force for me. I can totally trick myself into running until the end of a song or until a slower song comes on. Since I know this, I've timed out my playlist to play slower songs later and later. It works.

Anyways- I made a few decisions:

  • I'm going to pass algebra with atleast a B+. I'm going to study my butt off until I "get it", which I mostly do, except for those damn word problems. But even those I'll keep working on. So far I don't need help, other than an occasional question or two answered by Hubs.
  • I'm not going to make all of my christmas gifts this year. Here's why. I'm awful at picking out gifts to make for people. I know everyone wants a sweater, that's not possible though. I don't think people want hats or even remotely less time consuming things than sweaters, so I'm just making nothing. I might make one or two important things for people, I know I owe one person a nicely made gift, but besides that I can't be bothered. If someone asked for something specific, I could be swayed.
  • I've cheated on the diet BAD this week. I need to get back into it. (Bad doesn't actually cover how bad I've been....yesterday I ate 2 desserts. That's bad.)

So, if you are making your gifts, what's on the list? When are you starting??

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to make gifts for everyone but I don't think that's gonna happen. I'll be lucky if I finish my blanket by winter. I've been so lazy lately!

10:52 AM  
Blogger jennsquared said...

Yeah I don't think I'm making anything either... Too much to do! Like the wedding stole!

9:42 PM  
Blogger Christie said...

Good for you! I found that not watching the time and having good music on the iPod are so motivating too!

I hate word problems too, drawing pictures made it a little more bareable. :)

6:16 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Good for you in making that decision about gifts. It's a difficult one, I know, but something has to onto a "back burner", and it can't be your classes/grades.

If you lived here in northern California, I would help you with math. It's the class I most enjoy teaching and the subject I just adore (I know, it sounds a bit geeky).

Try this: change the word "diet" to "life style change" (I know it won't work for all sentences but bear with me). "Diet" has such a bad atmosphere surrounding its very name, evoking pity from some, fear and anxiety in others. You are making conscious choices that affect your life. Sounds better, humm? Anyway, good for you. I have been down that road myself and know the treacherous ways of that road. Hang in there.

7:47 PM  
Blogger Gauss said...

I am not making any Christmas gifts this year or ever. I am very happy that my husband's family is not into gifts (they never seem to buy each other or me stuff), and my family would rather have money (which I completely understand). Knitting as a gift seems like a rather risky proposition - what if you invest so much time and they don't really like it?

Congratulations on sticking with the gym, and don't worry so much about the diet. What's the point of life if you cannot have dessert once in a while? Enjoy every bite of it, and remember that you do need energy for all that exercise!

11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home