Wednesday, September 19, 2007

My Romance

When I was a teenager, I read alot of cheesy romances. Stories of people meeting, falling in love, conflicting, and living happily ever after.

I thought that was the way you had a romance, being swept off your feet on a daily basis...

Now that I'm a bone fide adult, I know for a fact that it's not.

Between hubs working a ton, the Boy who needs attention constantly, hobbies of a fiberous nature, friends and other social engagements, we don't make enough time for romance.

Well, Hubs outdid himself this weekend.

I was sick on the couch so he decided to go grocery shopping. He took longer than expected. He came in and grabbed my hand, pulling me outside, saying that he had a surprise to show me.

His surprise?

He washed, cleaned and vacuumed my car! It looks fantastic! I can see out the windows, there's no dust on my dashboard, no cheerios on the floor, and I don't get all scuzzed out by the amount of crap everywhere anymore.

I kissed his cheek and said a heartfelt thank you. It was honestly one of the sweetest things he's ever done for me.

It's not about the white horse or the fairy tale ending. It's the day to day nice things you do for each other. Yeah, the diamonds and sapphires are amazing, but give me a guy who shows me he loves me in little ways anyday. That is a true romance.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, just when I was feeling like I had no happily partnered friends though whom I could live vicariously. Tell hubs "good on you!" for me.

Confession: I read nothing but chicklit. (Preferably Brit chick lit.) So if you ever need a dose of "single girl in her 30s who works in publishing in NYC or London looks for love," you know where to find me.

12:17 PM  
Blogger Marla said...

That is really sweet. It's those little things in life where some shows they care without needing extravagant gifts that make love all worth wild.

4:55 PM  
Blogger Zarzuela said...

Amen! Great story.

Jessica

9:06 AM  
Blogger Christie said...

What a man, what a man, what a might good man!

5:49 PM  
Blogger Teresa said...

How sweet!

Thanks for commenting about my sweater - I hope to have the chart scanned soon :)

12:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful. He's a good one.

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home