Monday, October 22, 2007

Back From Rhinebeck!!

Bullets:

  • This weekend was the worst weekend for me, directionally. I got lost repeatedly. We spent hours in the car longer than we should have.

  • The meetup was amazing. I met so many new faces. I can't wait to start reading the blogs! I'm sad that I missed out on meeting a few bloggers- Faith!, Maryse, Susan, etc. And not to mention most of my bingo card.

  • The Yarn Harlot looks adorable, even with a head cold.

  • I didn't spend nearly as much money as I brought, which is a good thing.

  • I owe Nerdie and her sweet man an apology. We lost touch after I ran out to the car. I tried and tried to get back in touch with her, but couldn't. I owed her lunch. I'm not really sure how I'm going to make it up to her, but I will.

  • Today is Hubs' birthday. I will be eating apple pie.

  • Which reminds me, since Rebecca has already outed herself, I will admit to eating apple crisp with ice cream for breakfast on Sunday. We're not the only ones, trust me. It was good.

Here's my purchases:

  • A sheep christmas ornament. (I love ornaments. I buy one at every event I go to.) Plus, one little sheep statue. Both are hanging out in my kitchen windowsill.
  • 2 24" size 1 needles. I'm going to give socks another attempt. We'll see how it goes.

  • 2 Knitspot Patterns. I've been waiting a long time to get my hands on these babies. I should have bought the whole line. I love her designs.

  • Cormo laceweight yarn. *Sigh* I've been in love with this stuff since Mass Wool and Sheep. I'm so happy to have it!
And then there's this bag:

It doesn't look like much from the outside. But inside is a different story! I shoved 14 skeins of sirdar Donegal, 5 Svale in red, 4 Svale in white, and 7 indigo jeansgarn cotton (not found on Yarndex).

Total cost? 10 bucks!!

  • And I bought Mason- Dixon knitting. Hmmm. I had the ladies sign it too. I've never been a big fan of their blog, so buying the book seemed silly, until I borrowed it from another SnBer. I'm happy to have it in my bookshelf. The patterns are colorful and fun.

I went through the entire book last night, dreaming of how many blankets I'm going to do, the colors I'm going to combine, the sizes I'm going to make...and then I feel asleep. It wasn't even 10 pm.

I woke up this morning feeling ok, if not a bit sore and I skipped working out- again.

Tomorrow, tomorrow.

So, what did you do this weekend?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

10 bucks??? Good deal! Glad you had a good time.
I went to the haunted graveyard at lake compounce and got the bajesus scared out of me. :)

10:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah Rhinebeck! It was great meeting you! Excellent haul and I think you got the bargain of the weekend. $10-?!!!! Amazing. I got lost on the way to the Ravelry party, but eventually found my way.

10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pft...don't worry about it. I feel terrible that we wandered off. But you know how it is..."ooh, look, shiney!" and suddenly it's late afternoon.

In any case, it was wonderful to meet you in person!

5:55 PM  
Blogger Deenz said...

I can't believe I didn't spot you on Sunday! Hope the little one is doing well & hopefully I'll see ya soon - I should start going to SnB again!

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home