Monday, October 29, 2007

Gifted

The sweater was gifted yesterday. It fits ok. Of all things, it was a tad short. I'm not sure if it was because she had on a longer shirt underneath, making it seem shorter or what.

She loved it. That's all that matters, right?

I got a photo of her and I together and her eyes are closed. So, I'll have to get another one.

The party went well. Except for when Hubs took the Boy out to play. They came back in a short while later and Hubs said that the Boy sat in dog poop. Only my kid, friends....only my kid. They left. I brought everything- toys, books, diapers, wipes, food, spoon, juice, the cake, a knife...no change of clothes. Live and learn.

I started a new project for Schaefer Yarn. I'm going to be a model knitter for them. I'll snap photos of the vest I'm making using their Miss Priss merino once it gets rolling. So far I'm impressed with the yarn. It's dyed in dark browns and reds. Perfect fall colors. Now to get moving on it!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If the recipient loves the sweater, you've done very well indeed. Sat in dog poo? Gross. It can happen to the best of us. Once time, I was rolling in a pile of leaves and later realized I had rolled in dog poop. It was all over my coat!

2:27 PM  
Blogger Yarnhog said...

It wouldn't have mattered if you had brought a change of clothes for the Boy. He'd just have managed to get the mess on you, and then you still wouldn't have been prepared. Years of defeat have taught me that it is not possible to be prepared for every contingency of childhood. Also that there is no escape from poop.

8:21 PM  
Blogger Gauss said...

I hate it when people don't pick up after their dogs - because things like this happen!

Tell me more about the model knitting for Schaefer: how did you get into it, and what are you making? It must be a neat experience.

8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, I had to chuckle a little...it's kinda funny. :P

10:25 PM  
Blogger RC said...

Ah the old sat in dog poop.... we've had that with some of the cousins! Always a fun time.

Now, how did you become a model knitter?? and are they looking for more?

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home