Friday, October 05, 2007

UPS?? Is That You?

Is it bad that I'm watching the clock and the window, waiting for the guy in the brown van with the brown shorts to pull up?
It should be delivered any second. But I need to keep the delivery a secret.

Yeah, Hubs doesn't know.

You see, I have this burning need to buy knitting books. I can't get enough of them. But I've convinced myself that I don't need them, unless....

I've said repeatedly that anytime his best friend- who I can't stand and who hates me right back- affects my life, then I'm buying a new knitting book instead of getting angry and bitchy with Hubs.

Sunday was football. Hubs went to his friend's house. Came home 2 hours later than he said.

Guess what I bought.

I ordered Vogue's cable knitting stitchionary back when it was 60% off.

I know, I know...I shouldn't hide things from my husband. So sue me, I get a book, Hubs gets his date with the idiot and we're happy.

Now, where's the delivery??

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally shop for fabric or knitting or stitching supplies when I am upset aobut something. It makes me feel so much better.

2:53 PM  
Blogger Sachi said...

Yes. I'm just recovering from this addiciton myself.

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would say that's a healthy solution! Better than fighting.
I think if I did that though I would be trying to make him make me get mad just so I can buy something. :)

5:56 PM  
Blogger Baby Beth said...

I always shop when I'm mad. It's horrible but it really does make me feel a lot better. I don't even have to spend a lot. Something for a dollar (and for myself) will make me happy. Good for you!

6:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My hobbies include knitting and collecting yarn and knitting books to inspire me to use that yarn well. A hobby that brings a little more beauty into the world--hey. We could do far worse.

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, I was just joking around. :)
Oh and Joe was getting some more color on his tattoo and I was just hanging around, hence the tattoo parlor.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Yarnhog said...

Definitely healthier than fighting about it! Of course, if he finds out, there could still be some fighting.

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home