Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Creeping.

Thanks to everyone who had a kind word about The Boy and his accident.

We've gone to the doctors both yesterday and today. His arm is healing so well. I can't believe how quickly the blisters have popped or settled down. He's taking it all in stride.We go back tomorrow for another bandage change and cleaning. It's so tough because I know it hurts.

Today he wouldn't get out of the elevator at the office. He gave me that kid look- like to say, "No way, Jose." I scooped him up and reassured him. Once he saw the toys in the office he was fine.

Hmmm. People keep asking me how I'm holding up. Honestly, I'm a wreck. I have no better way to say it. I have no attention span. I have about 70 pages to get through for algebra class by Friday and I can't seem to focus on any of it. All I want to do is sleep or knit. My house is trashed, I have no clean towels or workout clothes.

I went to the gym today for the first time in about 4 days and I left after a half hour. Didn't do cardio or lift... I did abs and stretched then I just walked out.

Hubs and I have been at each other's back since Friday. I'm disconnecting, he's disconnecting...escapism at it's finest.

We need to get back to normal, but I feel like I have no idea what normal is or how to get there.

I've also picked this time to get back into the healthy eating. My body is craving sugar. I actually had dreams last night that I was eating white sugar right out of the bag with a spoon. I feel like I could eat Hershey Park out of chocolate. Yeah, it's that bad.

Anyways, I'm getting knitting done, but today was rainy and I forgot to take photos of the vest that I've been working on.

Tomorrow will be better.

I hope.

6 Comments:

Blogger sophanne said...

at least there's knitting.

8:39 PM  
Blogger jennsquared said...

Deep breath! One day at a time and I'm sure you will find your balance again. You know we (SnBers) are all there for you when you need it.

7:45 AM  
Blogger anphoe said...

Tomorrow (today) will be better! Stay positive!

8:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's one effed-up dream, dude.

I think of you as my ice cream enabler, but perhaps I'm yours. Stop the madness!

6:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your little boy suffered from a burn which was located on the back of my right hand. Sounds like it was the same severity as mine too. If your boy can eat solids, my suggestion is to feed him lots of avocado as its full of nutrients and encourages skin rejuvenation. Perhaps while you are feeding him you will want to mash some and create a facial mask for yourself. Hang in there and hope he heels well. I ate one avocado for almost 3 weeks straight and I did not have to have a skin graph which the er dr. told me i was most likely going to need. Also, silverdyne is a good moisturizer for the skin and keeps it cool. Be generous when applying!

3:22 PM  
Blogger weeble wobble said...

I have sugar dreams like that too! btw, repeat after me, I (heidi) am a good mom.
love KT

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home