Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Do Unto Others...

As I mentioned yesterday, Gale* over at She Shoots Sheep Shots is collecting hats for charity.


I looked in the stash and found a couple of skeins of chunky wool/acryllic blend. Soft, warm and washable. Perfect!

I "used the Ravelry" to find this pattern- Seaman's cap.

It's written for worsted, I used chunky. It will fit *someone*, right?

Quick, easy, and fun to knit. The pattern makes this cool swirly top. Love that!

So Gale, I'm donning my cape and coming to see you tonight!!

Yipee! I can totally see why people do this charity knitting thing all the time.

*Check it out- you can preorder Gale's new book, coming out in April, 2008. All you have to do is peek at her blog and you can tell the book is going to sell through the roof. Beautiful photos, warm stories, original designs- I love it. Can't wait to see it in person, Gale!

Edited to adjust the spelling of Gale's name. Sorry!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out and the hat, which is going to be much appreciated by someone's head. It's even better in 3D!
Surely there must be a handknit superhero cape somewhere on Ravelry for you....you could use the excuse of making it for your son and then wear it to SnB occasionally?

9:07 AM  
Blogger Octopus Knits said...

What a great hat, and that book looks wonderful!

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home