Friday, November 09, 2007

Vesting.

Today The Boy went to his final doctor's appt. He still has to wear a bandage on his forearm, but he can finally (finally!) bathe on Sunday. He is a funky monkey, let me tell you.
This is the Women's Pique Vest that I'm working on for Schaefer Yarn. Great yarn, great pattern. I'm up to the decreases for the back.
I'm really sick of my Denise Interchangeables. On Weds night at SnB one of the cables snapped. I lost 4 or 5 stitches. I had to tink back, pick them up, put them on another needle that someone let me borrow, then count the whole row again. Now I have a pile- yes, a pile of cables that I need to return to them. Grrr.
The only cable I haven't snapped is the 12". Give me time though, give me time.
I know it's my own fault. I tend to yank on the end of the needle part- you know, where it joins by the cap, and that's where it's breaking every time. Annoying.
As for school, I think I'm going to go back to 2 nights a week. Hubs hates having to watch the kid 3 nights a week, but oh well. (2 nights for class, one for SnB.) I need to get this school crap over and done with.
And thanks for reminding me to breathe. I need to, sometimes.

3 Comments:

Blogger jennsquared said...

Beautiful colorway~! My Harmony needles just came in. The joints look very steady. I won't be able to make it next Wed., but I'll bring it the next time I go to SnB so you can investigate.

Glad the boy is making progress :)

3:02 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Love the colorway..perfect for the autumn knitting. I don't like my D. interchangeable needles either. I have the same issue, plus it is annoying that my cables want to keep their shape from the container, instead of relaxing. I have a few addi turbos and l.o.v.e. them (a bit pricey though). I am interested in the Harmony interchangeables but am now a bit "gun shy" of connections.

Good for you in keeping with the classes. I like the evening classes because the tone and interaction and age of the students is far different from the day classes full of 18 year olds (not literally but you know what I mean). As far as the hubby with the kid in the evening: hello...he helped in creating, he can help in the care.

12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's amazing how quickly kids can heal. Glad boy is feeling better. Lovely vest BTW. Paranoia about snapping cables (and joins coming apart) is the main reason I haven't ordered the Denise Interchangeables or the Knitpicks Options.

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home