Sunday, November 04, 2007

With A Little Help From My Friends.

The Boy is healing. The arm still hurts, but he survived the bandage change yesterday. Codine and tylenol are gifts from the heavens. He's sleeping comfortably when he goes down. When he's awake, he favors his uninjured arm, but not much. He's holding up well.

Hubs and I are another story. I knew that I wouldn't be able to do the change myself and Hubs never saw the damage and I had a feeling that he'd freak when he did.

I couldn't sleep Friday night so I knit, read and emailed my friend Sami, who is a nurse at Yale Hospital, begging her to help with the change. She was more than happy to change the bandage and assess the situation for us. She came in, changed the bandage with sympathy and kindness, and left with a smile and a hug.

Friends like Sami are just one more thing that I'm thankful for. The other girls at the New Haven SnB enrich my life in so many ways.

I'm blessed.

And because of the wonderful time change, The Boy got up at 5:45. That's AM, folks. Luckily I went to be at 9:15pm last night and I'm well rested.

5 Comments:

Blogger Marla said...

I'm glad to hear boy is sleeping. I know how painful a burn can be and if I was whiny at 30, I can't imagine how it would be for the boy. If you run out of silvadine let me know, I have some left over.

10:58 AM  
Blogger jennsquared said...

Glad to hear the boy is better. Haven't have much time to check on other peoples blog. I'll see you Wed. From now, a cyber hug will have to do. ::Hug::

10:34 PM  
Blogger Octopus Knits said...

I'm glad to hear he's feeling a little better - what an unfortunate accident!

I too had a small severe burn once (from a Coleman lantern while camping), and I agree with Marla - it hurt like heck!!!

11:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Codeine is manna from heaven for pain relief. Glad the boy is mending. It's amazing how quickly kids heal up.

12:07 PM  
Blogger Sachi said...

Poor kiddo. You stay strong.

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home