Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Working Hard

I took my first spinning class last night at the gym. Spinning class=almost barfing.

I finished a couple of things in the past few days.

First, Schaefer Yarn's vest pattern in Miss Priss. Beautiful. I can't wait for it to be up on their website. I hope they like it enough to send me more work.
Yes, this is one of the only photos I have of it. I forgot to take one before sending it back home. Damn.

Second, Log Cabin baby blanket for my kid brother's unborn son. Things are still up in the air about the baby, he's having such a difficult time in there. But he will know that his auntie loved him.
Things I'm working on:


Red cotton knock-around cardi for me. Sleeves are mostly done, back is completely finished. Moving fast....The color is a true blood red. This is the yarn here, but it's available in black only. (Please don't buy it all, I want more.)

Charity knitting. Gray hat for the homeless. (Thanks Gail for collecting these!)
And hey, if you're in the New Haven area want to knit for an amazing cause, please do. You can bring them to ABP on Weds. nights on the corner of Broadway and York or talk to Gail about other arrangements.


And as always- Hub's never-ending sweater of unfathomable doom.

5 Comments:

Blogger Archiknist said...

Except for the nearly barfing, how'd you like spinning? We had these 2 really great instructors who moved to FL (they were married to each other--that's why they both moved), and now I'm cranky about all the remaining instructors.

4:13 PM  
Blogger Yarnhog said...

It must be red sweater season--they're popping up everywhere (including at my house). I love a warm, fluffy, red sweater on a cold, grey day. I am speaking theoretically, of course, since the temperature has barely dropped below 80 here in the past year. What global warming?

Sorry about the near-barfing incident. I've had a few of those myself!

6:49 PM  
Blogger jennsquared said...

I actually would love to do spinning except all the classes in my gym is either super early or during work time... It will get better, I promise :)

Looks like you are super busy! I'm almost done with Diamond Spires and I can't wait to knit something else!

8:16 AM  
Blogger Sachi said...

Thank you for clarifying that the spinning class was at a gym. Also, thank you for reminding me that I have a whole bunch of lovely red that I meant for a cardi for me.

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've been a busy lady!
I like that Log Cabin blanket. Is that from Mason Dixon?

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home