Monday, December 17, 2007

Dan Fogelberg, Mrs. Rabies and Grocery Shopping at 11 at Night.

Musician Dan Fogelberg died on Sunday. My heart broke a little when I heard. I've loved his music since I was a teenager. I have a couple of his albums on my IPOD so I listened last night while wrapping gifts. In the middle of "Leader of the Band" the IPOD suddenly shut off. Yeah, the battery was dead, but it was enough to make me a bit weepy. Rest in peace, Dan. I'm sorry that I never got to see your magic live.

It's one week until Christmas Eve, which is going to be celebrated at my house for the second year in a row. I'm nervously making and losing lists, forgetting where I leave one list, making another, finding the first, throwing out the second, losing the first, making a third with different things on it....you get the drift. I went shopping today for some things we'll need- potatoes and soda were on sale. I'm so not going to be ready for this, but I'll pretend as much as I can. :)

I sent out holiday cards to family and close friends- mostly those who sent me one. I love getting mail, yet I'm truly awful at getting stuff into the mail box so it's an accomplishment to have them out before January 1st.

I was nominated over at Mrs. Rabies blog for a nice matters award. I'm not in the mood to link a bunch of people tonight- it's after Midnight and I've been up since 5, so you're going to have to return tomorrow afternoon sometime for my list of nice people in Blogland. (Do I really have to only pick 7?? I can do 17 in my sleep.)

And a special thanks for everyone who commented or emailed me about my algebra grade. Your support is awesome and it keeps driving me forward. Thank you!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Young musicians with prostate cancer, like my friend, like Frank Zappa, Quincy Jones, Phil Lesh ... Scary. :-(

3:11 AM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

I was very sad to hear about Dan Fogelberg, too. Ipods can mimic real life in some eerie ways, I've found.

6:50 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Very sad about Dan Fogelberg. The Christmas Eve festivities will all come together in the end. Don't worry!

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm having Christmas Eve here, too, and don't feel ready either. But like Kim said, it will all work out.

12:27 PM  
Blogger Archiknist said...

My computer just finally loaded your new posts--it had been showing me the too small mitten for weeks. Weird. Anyway--the sweater turned out great! And I have the same list-making problem when I try to pack.

1:39 PM  
Blogger Neuroknitter said...

I've been very sad about the loss of Dan Fogelberg, too. I'm sure your holiday plans will all come together!

12:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home