Wednesday, December 05, 2007

When Did My Kid Get So Big?

While I wasn't looking my kid grew.
He needed mittens, his mother is a knitter. How can my kid not have mittens??

I dove into the stash closet and came out with some trusty bulky wool and acryllic blend. I started working on one and noticed that it seemed small. He was sleeping, so I checked after he got up. Yep, too snug.
I made the next size up- 4 years. They fit him perfectly. Look at the difference though!
When did that happen?? When did he grow so much?
Anyways, since I was being all sorts of handy, after I finished the second size 4 (size 4, people!) I made a cord- a crocheted cord- to attach them together. They are securely hanging out of the arms of his coat, waiting for us to try it out.

And I started a hat, since my kid has to match:Yeah, I think it's going to be too small too. Crap.

The rest of my day is going to be full of Santa Claus, working out and SnB.

I have an algebra final on Friday...and a take home final that's due the same day...yeah, I have about 25% of it done....procrastination? Who, me??

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute mittens! Kids have a way of growing up so quickly. My daughter is 13 and I remember her being a baby like it was just yesterday.

Good luck on the school work!

10:03 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I hear ya. They grown like weeds. I measured my son's foot for a sock last night and was shocked that his 7 year old foot is 8 1/2 inches. That seems big. Nice hat & mittnes BTW!

10:40 AM  
Blogger Yarnhog said...

It's amazing how they sneak up on you. I turned around for just a second and my baby was ten. And he outgrew the last pair of shoes I bought him before I even got the Visa bill in the mail. I now buy two sizes at a time, so that there's always a pair that will fit. Brace yourself.

6:17 PM  
Blogger Gauss said...

That's awesome!! Kids grow so fast...

I hope the exams went well.

11:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are adorable. And your post made me laugh (typed the 5'5" mom with tall kids; got one at 6'9" last time we measured him.)

--AlisonH at spindyeknit.com

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home