Monday, January 21, 2008

Fair Isle Vest in Fours

I started my next Schaefer Yarn project.
It's a fair isle vest using their new Heather superwash wool/silk/nylon yarn. I've worked on it exclusively, while sitting on my butt at my inlaws.
Hubs was once again away on business. (I hate when he does that.) The Boy and I marched off to the other side of the state, to be pampered and loved for a few days.
The project is looking good, perhaps a bit puckered. I know gauge swatches lie, but my swatch relaxed once I washed and pinned it. I'm hoping this will too.
The fair isle is keeping it interesting. It's done on size 4 needles, so my wrist is complaining a bit. I've been taking advil to alleviate some of the pain. I've also been trying to stretch it every few minutes.
Tomato is done and beautiful. I'm hoping to get photos of me in it, but the weather is in the low 20's here and I'm NOT standing outside in short sleeves in that. Deep Breath is also done, I just need to weave in the ends and wash it.
Not much else is going on. It's going to be a busy week- I start back at school on Thursday and Friday. (YAY! Algebra!)

Oh, and congrats to the NY Giants for squeaking into the Super Bowl. As much as I hate football, I'm happy to see that Hubs is very, very excited.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those colors are really pretty!

12:11 PM  
Blogger Octopus Knits said...

What a neat project! I love the colors : )

4:29 PM  
Blogger Yarnhog said...

That's some impressive looking fair isle! I haven't yet been struck with the urge to knit with multiple balls of fine yarn, but I do enjoy watching you do it.

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home