Sunday, January 13, 2008

Flying Tomato

Thank you all for the comments. As difficult of a situation that this has been, my family has been comforted by your thoughts and prayers.


Tomorrow is the service. Some of my family went to PA to be there for it, I chose to stay home. I'm not feeling guilty about it, but there is a part of me that wishes I was there. I'm a full believer in a grieving process. I think I'd have full comfort and closure if I was able to attend the service.


Part of me is just elated that it's come to its final end.


That said, I've been knitting.


Here's Tomato, with a change in the detail. I moved the color work down a few inches, so it hugs my rib cage, not the "girls". It's done in sparkly novelty yarn, so it add alot of contrast to the black and dresses it up a bit. I love it! I also did one repeat, instead of 3 called for. My rib cage doesn't need to be that accentuated.

I have to compete the sleeves and the neckline, then I'm done. It's only been a week since I started this project and it's gone by super quick. I love that.

And I received a new project from Schaefer Yarns, along with payment yarn from the cabled vest. The payment yarn is lovely Sandra yarn in the Billie Holiday colorway. Pretty, pretty. I know that I earmarked a project for this yarn as I was picking it out, but now I have no idea what that project is.

Schaefer sent me Heather, a superwash/silk and nylon mix for the next project. I can't wait to start it!

8 Comments:

Blogger jennsquared said...

Tomato is looking fabulous! Can't wait to see your next project! :)

12:43 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Delurking to say that I am so sorry about your nephew. I hope your knitting is giving you some relief from the pain. Tomato is looking great!

8:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's okay to each grieve in our own ways. Knitting gives time to focus one's thoughts on those we love.

1:39 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Love the color(s) of your Tomato. Can't wait to see it on you. I've noticed many knitters moving the design down from the original placement. What yarn did you use?

8:48 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Tomato is looking great! I love the gorgeous blue Sandra yarn.

11:18 AM  
Blogger Christie said...

Well, our thoughts are still with you and your family.

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I am so sorry to hear about the baby, I had not been reading your blog as religiously as I usually do. On the Tomato topic I have to say that yours looks about a million times better than the one on the original website! Like a totally different sweater!!

1:20 PM  
Blogger sophanne said...

Sunflowerfairy, you make my day- I gave you the award on my blog

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home