Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Last Year, New Year

Today is New Year's Day. Last night I fell asleep at 11:47pm, without regrets. In the past we've always gone out on New Year's. We had no babysitter so we decided to stay home. Although today was supposed Hubs' day to get up with The Boy, I traded dishes for the pleasure of rising with my son. Ok, pleasure is pushing it, but it was better than doing 2 days worth of dishes.

I woke this morning before the rest of the house. I thought about things I've accomplished over the last year and things I want to accomplish in the coming months.

Knitting-wise, I've done some beautiful things in 2007. I love that this hobby keeps teaching me things.

Here's a mosaic of what I've completed in the last year. Let me know if you have any questions on the items there. I know I'm missing some things...

People have asked me what I have planned for 2008. For starters, I want to keep on knitting for Schaefer Yarns. I've learned a bunch of things, just from the 2 items I've knit for them. Plus, their stuff is super yummy to knit with.
Second, I'm going to finish Hubs' sweater. I just need to find another skein to match.
Third, and most selfishly, I'm going to knit for me for awhile.
I know I have some events- birthdays, weddings, etc.- coming up and while I'd normally give knitted items as gifts for those occasions, I think I'm just going to find something else for them.
Selfish? Hell yeah. But I don't think anyone will notice.
Happy New Year everyone.

(Heehee, I wrote "yarn" instead of "year" and had to go back and change it. ha!)




4 Comments:

Blogger sophanne said...

Happy New Yarn to you too. heh.

The thumb mitten holes happen at the base of the thumb- I'm guessing at the gusset- When I hold the stitches and then pick them up to make the thumb it seems like the held stitches pull down and it's impossible to get a clean connection. This probably makes no sense since I'm not 100% sure of what's happening.

My email is blts at alltel dot net if you have any thoughts

thanks!

5:54 PM  
Blogger Archiknist said...

Happy New Year!

Kevin beat you--he went to bed at 11:55 on new year's eve (I was in the middle of a row).

9:03 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

I also must say "Happy New Yarn" to you! I like that.

Your knitting for last year was quite an accomplishment. Good for you!

9:44 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Happy New Yarn! I am totally in favor of "selfish" knitting.

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home