Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Lists...I Love Lists!

In the next year I want to:

MAKE:


Wisp

Hourglass (Ravelry link)

Hedgehog

Blanket (Ravelry link)

Mittens

One colorwork sweater, the harder the better. (Um, Hello Alice Starmore- you're so on my list...)

LEARN:

Algebra til I can't help but to love it. (Yeah, I signed up for more punishment. Class starts in 3 weeks.)

3 more cast on methods. Right now I use maybe 3. How many do you know??

Crochet

Tatting



Go To:

MDSW

CTSW


NYSW

Weekend spinning camp in some form


Here's a photo of the green sweater. It's top down and so far, I love it! Don't even ask- yes, it's for me.



And- as if I didn't know this was going to happen, the hat that I made for my cousin is gone. His fiance borrowed it and lost it. So he's upset at her, she's upset at herself...it's a mess. She called me up today begging for me to save her. I have no problem knitting another for him. Sometimes our knits want to find a new adventure, right? I just hope it doesn't happen again, although I'm totally prepared for that.

5 Comments:

Blogger Annika said...

Hmmm... I know long tail, which I don't care for. I use cable cast-on most frequently, and also know the knitted variation. I know how to do a crocheted provisional cast-on... I want to learn tubular next.

4:13 PM  
Blogger sophanne said...

I only know long tail. I'll have to add MDSW to my to do list- wonder if husband would go? Wonder if I'd want him to?

8:38 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I can do long tail, cable cast on, e wrap, provisional and the turkish/magic cast on for socks. I did that twisted German cast on or whatever it is once, but I don't really remember it. I've been thinking about what I want to learn or improve on too today.

Tatting is way fun. In French it's called Frivolite, if that gives you a guess of how fun it is. I did a little last week to kill time at work after a long abscence. I dug up my old Dover tatting books and got to it. Been wanting to make a full on table runner or something, but I've mostly made doilies and edgings for every little thing I think looks bare.

Crochet has been coming back to my mind too. I got the two Doris Chan books last month and she really knows her way around shell stitches.

Happy New Year! (a day late) Stay sparkly!

11:25 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I know long tail cast on & backward loop. I'd like to learn many more but I fear change. Hmm, my desire to learn but fear of change seem to be in conflict. Sounds like the fiance f'd it up. Whoops!

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How have you done? Do you need a crash course in crochet?

12:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home