Thursday, January 03, 2008

New Life

My brother's baby was born in the last hour. They are getting a lifestar helicopter to fly the baby from the small hospital that he was delivered in to Pittsburg Children's hospital. Doctors have no idea if he will make it. He's unable to breathe on his own. We don't know if he can swallow or what damage the fluid in his brain has caused.

It's tough to welcome someone so fragile into the world, with all of the unknowns. But I'm doing it anyways.

Welcome little baby boy. We're blessed to have you in this family.

9 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

I'm sorry the baby isn't doing well. I hope that things improve and want you to know that I'll be thinking about you and your family.

12:18 PM  
Blogger Christie said...

Oh no! Your nephew will be in the thoughts and prayers.

1:30 PM  
Blogger Uccellina said...

Thinking of you and your family.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Xia Diaz said...

I wish your nephew a speedy recovery. They may be fragile, but they're also very strong. He will be in my thoughts and prayers.

2:36 PM  
Blogger sophanne said...

what a beautiful post- welcome to the planet- I hope you get to stay.

10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll keep him in my thoughts. I hope your brother and his family are holding up ok.

10:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear that your nephew isn't well. You'll all be in my thoughts and prayers.

11:38 PM  
Blogger Archiknist said...

I'm thinking of all of you, and hoping everything is going as well (or as non-terribly) as it can.

Knit something soothing--

R

8:23 AM  
Blogger Hunny said...

Sorry to hear that your nephew is not doing well. Your family is in my thoughts.

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home