Thursday, January 31, 2008

Passing Down the Charity (Hats)

I told my (sometimes knitter) mother inlaw about the charity knitting that I was doing back in December for Gale over at She Shoots Sheep Shots and for Emily (for the New Haven soup kitchen). I asked her if she was interested in doing some, if I provided the yarn and needles. She was!



I gave her 3 balls of yarn maybe 2 weeks ago. So far she's used all of 2 balls and has another hat that she's cranking out now.


She even asked for more yarn today!



Here's her finished hats. Aren't they great??



Gale, I'm going to be looking for you soon!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is the hat on the right purple and orange and red? What yarn is that?

They're pretty, in any case!

11:52 PM  
Blogger Sunflowerfairy said...

It's Patons classic wool merino in colorway Harvest, number 77236. (Thank you, Ravelry.)

She used it on the hat to the left and it striped perfectly. Then she used the rest on the hat on the right and it pooled. Who knows why.

7:27 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Great hats! You're lucky to have a good mother-in-law.

10:59 AM  
Blogger Archiknist said...

The same thing happens to me with sicks--first sock: cute stripes, second sock (same skein): pooling.

But they look cozy!

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home