Thursday, January 24, 2008

Tomato Done! And Off to a New Home

Here is the completed Tomato. I'm thrilled with this sweater. Unfortunately, I will never wear it. Yeah, not kidding.

My hair dresser is named Laurie. She rocks. Whenever I leave her salon I feel pretty, but not in a fake "this is not me" way.
Every year at Christmas I make her something. It started with a scarf, then a hat, then a pair of socks, then a sweater...this year's gift HAD to be good.
I missed my December hair cut. So when I decided to get one yesterday I had to scramble for something for her. I couldn't NOT give her anything, right?
Tomato was it.

So I wrapped it up, drove to my appt. and Laurie wasn't there.
She called my cell saying that she had been in a car accident. Ugh.
She's fine. Her car isn't.
Anyways, we made it to the salon- I picked her up at her house- and we had a great time while she prettied me up.
Tomato lives with Laurie now, but don't worry- I will be making this again!

3 Comments:

Blogger Yarnhog said...

Wow. I bow down to your generosity. Truly. I feel I've gone above and beyond when I give my hairdresser a larger-than-normal tip. Wow.

5:38 PM  
Blogger Christie said...

That is so sweet of you! I'm sure Laurie appreciated it after the day she had!

12:27 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

That is so generous of you. Your hairdresser must rock! I'm not sure mine would appreciate handknits.

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home