Sunday, January 06, 2008

Up To Date

I haven't gotten a call this morning, but so far here's an update on the baby.

He made it through surgery Friday. The fluid is now draining and my mom said that he's not as frantic in his movements as he was. He's resting more, his heartbeats have gone down to normal baby beats, he's relaxed. Alot of the swelling has gone down in his head and face. He can open his eyes.

The doctors say that he will never regain any of the lost gray matter, sight or hearing.

They are supposed to be taking out his breathing tube to see if he will breathe on his own.

As for my brother, the hospital found him a room in a house, similar to the Ronald McDonald house- free of charge. His wife is expected to be released today so they can all move into the house. Social services also gave them gas cards and minutes for their phone so they can call and keep everyone updated.

My brother also has another daughter who turns one- TODAY! Happy Birthday Shantae.

In other news, I've started Tomato. So far, it just looks like a black blob.

Thanks again for all of the comments and well wishes. I'm truly blessed with the friends I have.

More later.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear things are looking up a little. :)

11:08 AM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

It sounds like things have at least settle down a little. I'll keep you all in my thoughts.

12:25 PM  
Blogger Hunny said...

Glad that things are looking better for your brother and his family. Keeping my fingers crossed for some more good updates in the future..

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that your nephew is more comfortable now. And that's great news about your brother and his wife having a place to stay.

3:56 PM  
Blogger Xia Diaz said...

I'm glad to hear better news. Your nephew is a tough little guy.

4:19 PM  
Blogger Christie said...

What a relief. You and your family remain in my thoughts!

5:12 PM  
Blogger Deenz said...

Just catching up on all the blogs - glad to hear that your nephew is doing better...that's one tough little boy.

*hugs*

8:49 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Glad things seem to be stabilizing and the housing/gas situation worked out. Sending more prayers.

12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just stumbled on to your blog by chance, and I read your last few posts. I had to tell you how happy I am that your brother's son made it through surgery. Sounds like he will be ok now, and that is all that really matters. I know I'm total stranger, but I'm sending good thoughts your way.

And on a lighter note, the matters you want to knit this year are wonderful! I may add a few to my own queue...

9:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just getting caught up on some of my favorite knitting blogs and read about your nephew. I can't even imagine how overwhelming all of this must be for your family. Hope the doctors will have more good news. Know that my thoughts and prayers are with you all! Sue (aka Purlgirl on Ravelry)

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home