Friday, February 15, 2008

Food is Love.

Can you argue with that?


Valentine's Day was yesterday. We celebrated by Hubs working late and me going to school until 9:45. Romantic.


He did manage to buy me a couple of cards- one from him and one from The Boy. Very sweet.

I decided that since I dropped the ball yesterday (by not buying a card for him) that I'd make up for it today by leaving a few heart shaped sugar cookies around the house with messages. He's again working late and I have class. He will be coming in after I leave. I think it's a nice suprise.

Tomorrow is my mother in law's birthday dinner at my house. For those of you who don't know, Julia's is an amazing bakery in Orange, CT. There may be leftovers on Sunday...for my NHSnB friends.

Minimalist Cardigan is done and blocking on my new rubber blocks. I really hope it doesn't make the sweater smell like doo-doo.


Hey, notice the clutter? Crap. It's everywhere!! (I did clean up the office. It looks good. And feels better! Guess I have to work on the kitchen next, right?)

7 Comments:

Blogger jennsquared said...

mmmm.... Julia's! Love Julia's! So very sweet of you about the cookies. And where did you buy the rubber mats?

6:06 PM  
Blogger anphoe said...

I love Julia's! Everything they sell is awesome!

I can't wait to see your Minimalist Cardigan, nice color!

6:10 PM  
Blogger Christie said...

If food is love, cookies are unabashed, scream from the top of a mountain kinda love. You are so sweet for leaving little messages along with your treats.

7:06 PM  
Blogger sophanne said...

What exquisitely BRILLIANT blocking boards. I can get those- I can get them for under $100! Thanks Thanks Thanks

8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be looking forward to reading about how the rubber mats work. I've been thinking about trying them and have wondered about the smell, too. And I like your cookie idea!

8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sweater is going to be beautiful when it's done.

12:33 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

You are a busy, busy woman! The cookie idea is brilliant, but at my house (being in the Mediterranean environment of sunny California) ants would stake claim on the cookies long before my hubby could get to them!

I am interested, also, whether the rubber mats do indeed impart an odor onto the fibers. Please keep us updated.

BTW: your semester is half through! How are you doing/feeling?

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home