Thursday, February 21, 2008

Hat and Mittens Set- Done!

I'm barely (well, barely for me) knitting these days, but I did manage to finish a set for myself. These are a couple of mittens and a hat. The yarn is Louisa Hardings Kashmir Aran. Lovely, warm and great to work with. I will use this yarn again, next time I see it on sale. I'll use bigger needles though. The yarn would drape beautifully for a sweater. Before I blocked them, the mittens were a bit stiff and after- much roomier and soft.
I got the patterns out of Ann Budd's Book of Handy Patterns, and added the moss stitch for texture. The book I use frequently, more than any other book in the vast (haha) Sunflowerfairy knitting library. Yes, the pattern sizes can be a bit wonky, but if you are used to it, you can adapt. It's a great guide for people who aren't afraid to question sizing or challenge the ruler.
Anyways, I know a couple of you are looking for photos of the minimalist cardigan and I promise you I'll have them up soon. Hubs has been working late and it's tough to get good photos of the sweater hanging over a chair.
Also, I'm feeling somewhat better today. Thank you for the comments and guidance. This too shall pass, just like someone said in the last post.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Gorgeous! I'm a total sucker for moss stitch!

7:34 PM  
Blogger sophanne said...

Very tasteful hat and gloves. You're right about Ann Budd's sizing wonkiness- I found that out in the sweater book. I love that moss stitch- One reason to not be stuck is that you have one of the best blog names ever. Just so you know.

7:40 PM  
Blogger jennsquared said...

Nice set! I have some of that yarn in my stash - I'll have to bust them out sometimes!

7:04 AM  
Blogger KnelleyBelley said...

Beautiful! Perfect day to wear them, too.

12:14 PM  
Blogger Christie said...

Cute hat and mittens set!

Glad to hear you're feeling better!

1:19 PM  
Blogger Gauss said...

These turned out so beautiful!! Enjoy wearing them. And thank you again for helping me learn more about the New Haven area - I got an offer from the school I was visiting and I'm seriously considering it...

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home