Thursday, February 28, 2008

Sparkly!

I'm making a couple of things for my mom to sell at craft fairs.

This is the first thing I started. It's a simple triangle shawl. The yarn has been in the stash for the last 2 years, atleast. Not really my style, but someone will enjoy it, right? The large needles don't bother the wrist as much as smaller needles do. And the bulky yarn means quick finish.
And I know that I mentioned that The Boy isn't sleeping. Well that means I've had less time to do homework and study. It also means more time for him to find trouble. I thought I could put a movie on and he'd watch it while I did some work. Boy was I wrong.

Yes, that is our fireplace open. Yes, that is my son covered in soot. And yes, that is Hubs' cordovan loafer that The Boy used to push the ash around in the fireplace.

*sigh*

He's sleeping now. Off to shower, do homework, do laundry, wash the floors, clean up the mess in the bathroom and wash myself. All within the next hour, which is when he's going to be up.

Wish me luck.

*Also, there's a new sign on the across the street neighbor's tree. Something about a foreclosure sale on the house coming up at the end of March....sad, but if you can't pay your bills- sell your boat. Oh, and how great is it going to look when we put our house on the market to have prospective buyers looking at that...nice?? Guess we're not moving until late spring, at the earliest, after all.

7 Comments:

Blogger Christie said...

Oh. My.

At least he went to sleep.

5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I know that you were probably pissed at the boy but I couldn't help but giggle a little. :-P
Hope he feels better soon!!

5:55 PM  
Blogger Yarnhog said...

It's so much funnier when someone else's kid acts like a kid! Thanks for the picture; it made my day.

6:08 PM  
Blogger KnelleyBelley said...

Oh boy! Too funny. It'll make a great story to tell him when he's older. He'll giggle his head off.

6:46 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

What an enterprising young man! So thoughtful to not paint the walls...

Thanks for making my afternoon!

9:43 PM  
Blogger Hunny said...

Better your kid than mine!! ;)

10:56 AM  
Blogger Deenz said...

*facepalm*

Well, better than playing with matches, at least...maybe he thought it was sandbox, lol?

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home