Monday, February 04, 2008

Stash Enhancement, Warm Porches, a Win and Hurty Wrists

I did buy something(s) at the sale. It's sad that I'm a knitter and I don't have a hat and mittens set. I have loved Louisa Harding's Kashmir Aran for awhile, always petting it and putting it down. The colors I found were mostly muted pastels.


Yesterday, I bought 5 balls of this:Soft, smooth and a stunning color. Can't wait to use it.

I also bought a skein of Country Style DK from Sirdar. I forgot how much I like this yarn. There's a ton of yardage per ball. I'm making a hat for a cousin's birthday with it. I hope he likes it.
Hubs bought me this:

For Valentine's Day. Sweet.


I also picked up two skeins of sock yarn for Gale.

After the sale we headed over to an aquaintance's house. He has an enclosed porch and since it was 50 degrees outside, we sat and knit in the warmth. I finished the Minimal Cardigan's sleeves.


Hubs and I went to a Super Bowl party, after leaving the knitting girls. He loves the Giants, like you would not believe. I honestly couldn't give a crap about football, but I want to see my husband happy. It was a nail biter of a game and very exciting to see Hubs and his friends dance around the room. Good for them. I knit during the whole thing (see hat above).

I also ate my weight in chocolate and crap food.

Workouts will have to be up'ed a notch or two.

I say that, but The Boy has a head cold and can't go to the gym day care and I've been dealing with (or ignoring) my wrist. It aches constantly, when it's not making my fingers tingle and go numb. Ugh. I put the brace back on, took some advil and I'm going to have to hurry up and finish what I need to do ASAP.

Then I'll take a break.

Until then, I'll suck it up.

And knit.



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice haul! Can't wait to meet my sock yarn. I think I like this shopping by proxy, thanks!

8:40 PM  
Blogger Baby Beth said...

Be careful with your wrist. We don't want you completely out of commission. We just got Rebecca back (well, mostly).

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home