Sunday, March 02, 2008

Today

My friend Beth took the photos of me for the world to enjoy. Dorky me at the start of the race.

Close to the finish. Still smiling, so it can't all be bad, right?
The end!!

I did it!!

Wow.
I'm still in awe.
I have a life list, things I want to do before I die or get too old. This has been on the list for y-e-a-r-s.

I finished stronger than I started too. My last mile was faster than my first.
I'm so proud of myself!
Thank you for everyone who sent thoughts, love and oxygen to me!! I couldn't have done it without you. Really.

11 Comments:

Blogger RC said...

AWESOME! wow, I'm totally in awe. You So Rock.

6:37 PM  
Blogger Xia Diaz said...

Congrats!

6:40 PM  
Blogger sophanne said...

Hooray for you!!!! I'm smiling at your gumption!

7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! What a great job!

10:18 AM  
Blogger Christie said...

Good for you! Is running a marathon going on the list now?

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!! I knew you could do it. :)

1:46 PM  
Blogger Baby Beth said...

I'm so proud of you!!! Congrats!

8:45 PM  
Blogger KnelleyBelley said...

You did it! So happy for you. Congratulations. The first of many?

9:48 PM  
Blogger Yarnhog said...

Congratulations! Way to go!

5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY YOU!!! Congrats on your first 5K!

If you're ready for a follow-up, we're having a road race fitness walk for people with their pets - proceeds benefit the animal shelter where I work. It will be on April 26 at Quassy Amusement Park in Middlebury, CT -- see our website for details: www.animalsforlifect.org

Hope you're well! Sue

9:16 AM  
Blogger Octopus Knits said...

Great job!

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home