Sunday, April 27, 2008

CT Sheep and Wool

Yesterday was CT S&W.


Of course I went. And of course I got lost. It was Alice's fault. She was in the car to Rhinebeck when we got lost repeatedly also. See the connection?


I bought 1 skein of yummy cormo laceweight from Foxhill Farms (no website) in Lee, Mass. (I get them and Firefox Farms mixed up alot.) I hope to buy one skein of it every time I see them and have enough for a laceweight cardigan soon. Since it's a natural color, I don't have to worry about dyelots. It's going to be the perfect souvenir sweater, if you ask me. Anyways, I also bought roving:


Pretty blues, yellows and creams.


That's it.

Well, that and a Klondike bar. Yum!


I saw some friends. The New Haven SnB represented. I volunteered and it cost me money. (Let's just say that I can't count.) And hung out with a new friend. The weather was chilly, but the sun came out in the afternoon.

It was the perfect stepping stone for Maryland Sheep and Wool. Only 5 more sleeps!

Yay!

(PS. Anyone need a place to sleep next weekend? I might have a space or two open! Leave me a comment or email me for info.)

9 Comments:

Blogger sophanne said...

Yay!

8:00 PM  
Blogger jennsquared said...

oh man! I'm jealous! But that's ok. Five more sleeps then I'll be in MD!!! :)

9:18 PM  
Blogger KnelleyBelley said...

I like the idea of buying the yarn for your laceweight cardigan one skein at a time. It'll make it really special.

The roving is beautiful. I'm still fumbling with my drop spindle, but some day . . .

10:49 PM  
Blogger Archiknist said...

I keep squishing the cormo and not buying any... I should just do it through--18 months of squishing it seems like long enough to know that I really do like it!

And that's going to be a gorgeous cardigan!

8:14 AM  
Blogger missalicefaye said...

Hold on, now--didn't you have the same GPS for both trips? Maybe that's your culprit... :)

10:38 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Woo hoo! I'm going to MDSW too and I can hardly wait! Driving down on Friday morning. I'll be at the Ravelry meet-up on Sat. We met at Rhinebeck but now I can't remember what you look like! Gahh!

12:34 PM  
Blogger Sunflowerfairy said...

No MissSmartyPantsAliceFaye.

I did not have a gps for the Rhinebeck trip. :P

I'll be the girl with the "Shut Up and Knit" shirt on on Saturday.

:)

12:50 PM  
Blogger Baby Beth said...

I can't wait until MD! I think I'll be sporting a new tattoo for it...granted, it'll wash off in time but who cares, right? :)

1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found out about this event the day it was happening, so I missed it. But I'll be in New Hampshire on Mother's Day Weekend come hell or high water!

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home