Monday, April 07, 2008

GAA-OOWWCH!


That was the exact word I used while getting blood drawn this morning.

BTW, I know that I had to fast, but it sucks to start your morning with that.
Ok, back track to Friday. I went to the doctors. She told me that I had 2 ear infections, a throat infection and a sinus infection. Wow. Nasty. Yay! antibiotics!
Then I told her about my wrist and the 21 day break. She said to do 14 days and take muscle relaxers. Yay, muscle relaxers!!
I also mentioned that I'd been feeling tired. Not, "I need a cup of tea at 3," but more of a, "I can't go another second without a 2 hour nap." This has been going on for awhile now. It feels just like being pregnant. It's awful. Anyways, she told me to get blood tests done. And that brings us to this morning.
This is what my very white arm looks like:
It's hurty and I think I'm going to have a pretty decent bruise.
Ah, war wounds.
How was your morning?
ETA: I've been tired for many weeks now. It's progressively getting worse. That's why I brought it up with the doc. I know the infections don't help, but I think there may be other issues going on.

8 Comments:

Blogger Deenz said...

Well, hell, with all those infections your body's trying to fight off - no WONDER you're exhausted! Get some rest, there!

4:18 PM  
Blogger jennsquared said...

hmmm... I wonder why you are tired... Lets see, you only have MULTIPLE infections!!!!!!

Glad to hear the 14 day break instead of 21 though :)

5:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you find out soon what's going on. Hope you feel better quickly!

10:22 PM  
Blogger missalicefaye said...

oh, my. I hope your antibiotics are fast acting and that you feel much better soon!

10:20 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

You poor thing! Last winter I had "a statistically significant amount of the Epstein-Barr Virus" in my bloodstream. Basically, I had mono - inflamed spleen, sore lymph nodes, and tired... so tired. It kicked my butt for more than four months. I couldn't do anything. Everything exhausted me. Eventually, I DID get through it (although the doctor tells me that no one really gets RID of EBV. It just kind of hangs out and waits for another chance to attack). I hope that your story is a happier one than mine was! I'm wishing you well.
~Amalia~

12:39 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

If you sense that the fatigue is more than just your body fighting the infections, it's better to look into it and nip it in the bud. Also, take that 2 hr nap if you can. I hate getting blood drawn and end up passing out everytime. You're a trooper.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Archiknist said...

Hey, do you want me to bring my pre-2003 (or was it pre-2002?) IKs to ABP tomorrow?

2:50 PM  
Blogger KnelleyBelley said...

Sounds like you need a long rest in a room full of pillows. Feel better!

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home