Thursday, April 17, 2008

Good Things.

Today in the mail I got two long-awaited items.
I know the photo shows 3 items. The yarn wasn't long-awaited. ;)

First, I received my fine copy of Yarn Harlot's new book. I haven't started to read it yet.

And this came.
How the hell am I supposed to NOT knit while I have this book in my possession? Yes, the stories of the different fiber farms are great. Yes, the photos of the sheep are adorable. Yes, the entire project rocks. The patterns in this book make me want to get the most organic, natural, beautiful yarn I can find in my stash and KNIT NOW!

Great job, Gale and Joan. Seriously, I can tell that this book will be well loved in the ol' knitting book library.

And oh, I might have purchased new sock yarn. I don't even knit *socks*.

5 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

I got my copy of Gale's book yesterday and I agree that it's terrific!

6:56 PM  
Blogger jennsquared said...

I got mine yesterday and it is just amazing! I haven't had a chance to blog about it yet though (been too busy). I stopped by SnB last night but you have already left :( Oh well...

10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got the YH's book yesterday, too! I can't wait to dig in. That yarn is lovely. What are you going to do with it?

8:26 AM  
Blogger Archiknist said...

Mine was supposed to be delivered yesterday and it wasn't! It had better be there today.

Socks! Socks! Socks!

(or, lace with sock yarn! Lace with sock yarn! Lace with socks yarn!)

8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to echo the idea of, you could knit a nice lace scarf with that--that's beautiful yarn.

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home