Friday, April 25, 2008

My Body Knows...

This may turn into TMI, so if it offends, sorry.

My body has a way of knowing important holidays and trips. I swear, my reproductive organs have a built-in calendar. My ovaries count down days until the next special occasion, then seem to pop a few days before said event.

For the last few years I've had my period on every important holiday (Christmas and New Years), trip (family vacation to Fl, Rhinebeck), and birthday- both mine and Hubs. Sometimes I think I'm in the clear with holidays that are closer together, but my body always tricks me.

WTF?

Is this some kind of joke?

I started lightly spotting last Monday- not 5 days ago, but the week before. I thought- hey, plenty of time. I'll get it in a couple days, the heavy days will be over by CT S&W. I'm STILL waiting for it to start. Ugh. So now, thanks to mother nature, I'll have my period for both CT and MD S&W. Fantastic!

It's like my body knows it will be around large clusters of other women so it has to show how much estrogen it can throw around. Nice, hunh?

My period usually last 10-14 days. I bitch about it all the time. It's just my natural cycle. I could control it with birth control pills, but I don't want to put hormones into my system for convenience sake.

Last night I had such a headache in class that I was seeing spots, sweating and shaking. After class let out, I stopped at Walgreens and bought Midol. The big blue box. I took two without water and prayed for either sleep or death.

Today I have the remnants of the headache, but I feel less bloated!

Have a happy period...not effin' likely.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sending some empathy your way! (((HUGS)))

Also, this is my moon-time too, so we can commiserate together tomorrow... Uh, yay?

11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That used to happen to me too! But I'm on anti-baby drugs to control it...and so I don't have any babies

2:08 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Isn't the female system a bizarre and crazy thing? That is one f-ing looonnggg visit from Aunt Flo. I'd almost trade your headache & bloating for the crazy moodiness I get.

3:24 PM  
Blogger Sunflowerfairy said...

Oh no Kim, I get the crazy's too!

Lucky me all around!

Thanks for the sympathy, girls. I knew you'd understand.

3:37 PM  
Blogger KnelleyBelley said...

I feel your pain, sister! As a no-longer-taking-the-pill girl, I never know when it's going to show up. When it does, it's always bad timing. I try to make myself feel better by telling myself that if I were a man, I'd have to shave my face every day. That would suck.

7:21 PM  
Blogger sophanne said...

That Aunt Flo can be such a bitch. I'm there too- the full moon making it wackier. Are you going to the Ravelry gathering at MDSW? Look for Sophanne as you travel around. I'll be there all weekend!

8:06 PM  
Blogger Lilith Parker said...

Almost every time I visit my guy, I start bleeding 3/4 of the way through the trip. And then he gives me his cold. ;)

Thought about a Diva Cup? For most women they make periods shorter and less painful, and they won't cause TSS the way tampons can.

8:35 AM  
Blogger Gauss said...

10-14 days? That sucks... I'm sorry.

6:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had my period during exam time all through high school and I could never figure it out either. My sympathies!

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home