Monday, May 19, 2008

Bad Housewife, No Bon-Bons.

Yesterday we "deep cleaned" our living room. Like most families, we do a lot in this room- eat, nap, watch too much TV, and play. I generally knit and spin in here too. It is a room that gets neglected easily, but for the most part the packing and cleaning was easy. But I dreaded one thing more than anything else in this room- cleaning under the sectional.
This is what I found waiting for me after moving the couches: 3 years of not cleaning makes it look like a toy and dust bunny bomb went off under there. Disgusting. Atleast there were no spiders. *Shutter*
For your enjoyment, I added notes via Flickr as seen here. Feel free to leave a comment of snickers and laughter. Or sympathy.
I have no excuse why I didn't clean sooner, other than pure laziness and the inability to move the couches on my own. Oh, that and knitting.

It's clean now. The floor is all shiny. It's toy and dust bunny free.

Someone better buy this effing house and quickly too. I'm so done.
Oh! And it's my BIRTHDAY WEEK!
And as a PS- thanks for the words of encouragement. No word yet from the drs. office, but I'll keep you all up to date. The hardest part of the visit was when she wouldn't look at me. I really wasn't freaked until then. She's the same tech that has worked there for years. She did all of my ultrasounds with The Boy and was very chatty and happy before we started. The change in the room was obvious, whether she intended to or not. Perhaps she wasn't feeling well and it progressed as she did her work or maybe she was tired. But it kinda felt like being on an airplane- I always watch the flight attendants to see their reaction to turbulence and this time it seemed like I was going down fast.
In any case, thanks for the comfort. I'll let you know when something more happens.

8 Comments:

Blogger jennsquared said...

At least you don't have tumble-fur underneath there...

1:11 PM  
Blogger Baby Beth said...

I feel your pain about the cleaning. I let the roomba loose in my room this weekend. I think under my bed was just about as bad as under your couch. :(

1:17 PM  
Blogger Sunflowerfairy said...

Tumble fur...hahaha! Good one, Jenn.

1:20 PM  
Blogger Emily G said...

As long as there was no yarn being forced to live under the couch. That would be bad. Yay birthday week! See you Wednesday.

3:10 PM  
Blogger Yarnhog said...

Did you find my missing puzzle piece? It's not under any of my couches, so I just thought...

5:34 PM  
Blogger sophanne said...

I am SO headed to flickr!

I like to call mine dust kangaroos though

5:41 PM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

Good thoughts.

6:51 PM  
Blogger Hunny said...

You just made me feel a whole lot better about my lack of cleaning skills!! We just had to have our carpets cleaned so the couch and chairs were moved. It was like a treasure chest under there!!

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home