Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Cortizone Shots Do Not Tickle.

I saw the wrist doctor once again today. I had to get the cortizone shot. I guess they mix it with Novacaine....why? No idea. Anyways, it's done. My hand and fingers feel prickly and numb. My wrist is slightly swollen. He gave me good news- the nerve test came back normal, which means no surgery. I can knit again when the numbness goes away, hopefully as soon as this afternoon.

See the dot?? Ew. Below it a couple of inches is where it's swollen, along with an area to right of that.



I started knitting a pretty scarf for Dave's great aunt Mildred. She was kind enough to send The Boy a couple of small gifts. I enjoy her company when she comes to CT to visit. She always sends cards or photos of her home, along with a note of stories from her ranch or words of encouragement. I had no idea what someone in Missouri would need in the way of knitted items, so I'm making a very open-lace scarf.

I'm also spinning, setting aside just 10 minutes each afternoon to do it. I don't get a whole lot done during that time, but I think it helps to quiet the chatter in my head.

I'm ready to be finished with the pink. Just sayin'.

And tomorrow is a big, big day. We are finally signing papers to put the house on the market. Wish us luck.

(Know anyone who wants to buy a really cute 3 bedroom, one bath ranch?)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a gorgeous pink. No, no, I mean the yarn...

12:43 PM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

Ouch! Love the scarf. Good luck with the house!

2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck with the house

what are you asking for it?

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope the cortisone shot works better for you than it did for me. Good luck with the house. I do know a couple considering buying their first house - where are you?

4:48 PM  
Blogger Gauss said...

Good luck with the house! If this was a year from now, I'd probably be very, very interested in seeing it... I hope it won't stay on the market that long, though!

7:42 PM  
Blogger Yarnhog said...

I'm sending positive energy for a quick and lucrative sale. Hope the wrist feels better soon!

9:38 PM  
Blogger SoapDoc said...

OMG! I've had cortizone shots in several places (shoulder/knees etc.) BUT, the wrist one nearly killed me!

I have never before came that close to passing out from pain in my life -- I don't know if he hit a wrong nerve or what -- but I can tell you I will NEVER, EVER try that again!!

I sure hope it helps you -- wrist pain blows!

6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home