Thursday, May 01, 2008

I Hate My Camera

My camera couldn't take a clear photo to save its life. Awful. It's getting old, I know....but c'mon.
I promised a photo of me wearing the red sweater and here it is. Sorry that there's no boat in this photo. (I also seem to be lacking a head.)

Still working the spinning wheel. This is a Grafton Fibers batt. And yes, it is as bright pink as the photo shows. (A neighbor came over to ask what I was doing and The Boy pointed to the wheel and said, "Wheel, wheel." Said in a tone like, "You dingbat- it's a spinning wheel!" Very funny.)


This is the first time that I'm seriously working from dyed roving and I have to admit, there is a noticeable difference. The BFL literally melted out of my fingers. With this, I can feel (maybe a) stickiness...not stickiness, but more of a not natural wool feeling. Maybe it's my imagination. Maybe it's my wheel being cranky.

Today is a busy day. I have an algebra exam at 5, 2 homework assignments due at 7 pm and packing to do for 3 people. Of this, I've only packed my suitcase so far. Is that any indication of where my head is at? Probably. This weekend is Maryland Sheep and Wool, a hockey tourney for Hubs and The Boy is going to Grammie and Papa's house.

Please don't rob us while we're gone.

Thanks!


10 Comments:

Blogger Archiknist said...

I love the sweater! I keep meaning to make a simple, versatile, beautiful sweater (and then forgetting about that plan when I'm face to face with sale Cascade 220).

Have fun in MD!

Lucky for you, I won't be able to rob you from Ithaca!

8:47 AM  
Blogger jennsquared said...

You are so funny! I'm sure the house will be fine.

I can't wait for MDS&W!!!! :) So exciting! The sweater looks great even with the camera you hate!

Good luck on your test!!! :)

8:50 AM  
Blogger Sunflowerfairy said...

Rebecca, if you and Kevin rob me, then you have to leave the bunny behind.

10:01 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

LOVE how the sweater looks on you. The waist shaping mods really make the sweater all yours. I haven't spun with Grafton yet but maybe I'll get some soon. Hope to see you at MDSW! Drive safely.

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, your sweater looks fantastic! Congratulations.

11:13 AM  
Blogger Yarnhog said...

The sweater looks fabulous, as does the spinning!

The other day my husband picked something off my eight year old's shirt and said, "You've got a string." My son looked at it briefly and replied, "That's not string; it's fiber." "What's the difference?" asked my husband. My son rolled his eyes and said patiently, "STRING is spun. FIBER isn't." I laughed with sheer delight, because really, how many eight year olds would know that, if they weren't spinners themselves? (Yes, he spins. With a spindle.)

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your sweater looks terrific on you!

11:10 PM  
Blogger KnelleyBelley said...

The sweater is a beauty and your spinning is inspiring. Have a great time at MDS&W!

10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's beautiful! Have a wonderful trip, and wave hi to Maryland for me (trying not to be homesick).

12:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. I have used a bit of your skatepattern - hockey bootie. Made it to fit this kind of hockeybootie. Love it!

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home