Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Maryland, How I Love Thee.

Like most people, I'm recovering from Maryland Sheep and Wool, 2008.


I spent alot of money, buying goodies for me and friends.

I'm linking my Flickr page. I made a fancy mosaic and it's just easier for me. Let me know if you have any questions.

I wish I brought more money. Next year I'll have to sell some stuff through my mother or something. I found Brooks Farms on Sunday and I'm smitten. Not the cheapest yarn in the world, but it's yummy! I didn't buy any because I was running out of cash fast. Ditto with the Gale's Art handpainted roving. I wished that I had purchased all that she had left. And Kiperoo Farms. I will definately buy from them again!

There were people that I wished that I saw, but couldn't manage to find. (Next year I'm totally asking for cell numbers and meeting up with people.) I avoided the Ravelry party and meet ups, I just couldn't take the mass hysteria.


Alice and Nell were fantastic roommates. They were quiet and polite. I kinda felt like a nervous trucker in a china shop, with my chatter and foul mouthed language. lol

They allowed me to show parts of the crazy side of myself, even handled my issues with grace and humor. I adore them for that.


And an update on my wrist: I went to the doctors today and as of right now- YAY! I don't need surgery. I have to go back on the 15th for a nerve test and xrays. He's pretty sure that it's carpal tunnel, but thinks that a cortisone shot will take care of everything. He told me to keep wearing the brace, go easy on the knitting and take advil for the discomfort. Duh. I've been doing that. :)

8 Comments:

Blogger sophanne said...

I'd even look up and try to figure out my cell phone number to meet up with you next year!

It was amazing- I did go to the Ravelry things and walked around looking for Sunflowerfairy : )

7:23 PM  
Blogger jennsquared said...

That's awesome news on the wrist!!! I didn't really get to see your Sunday loot so I'm gonna click over now to see it! I've been holding off on my post because of the pentathlon. Once that's over, I'll post, I promise!!!

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You found the antler buttons again! I looked for them but no luck. If they have contact info can you send it to me?

11:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someday, some festival, somewhere, we should be roomies. All the nervous chatter and foul language could cause an implosion of crazy. It'd be awesome. :)

1:13 AM  
Blogger missalicefaye said...

Excellent wrist news!

Issues? You mean that spider thing? :)

10:38 AM  
Blogger Hunny said...

It looks like you got some great stuff. I really like the dark gray/blue yarn.

12:01 PM  
Blogger Octopus Knits said...

I had a fantastic time!
Hee, hee... yah... the spider thing is the only thing I remember : )

That's great about your wrist : )

1:34 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Yes, next year (or for Rhinebeck) let's exchange cells and meet up. It was a blast! I bought lots of goodies too.

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home