Friday, May 09, 2008

Payment Received.

Today a big box of yarn came from Schaefer, as payment for the vest. I actually did a happy dance while the mailman hopped out of his truck and trudged through the rain to give the parcel to me. (I would have walked to his truck but I was A) barefoot B) keeping The Boy in the house and C) it was raining very hard.)
Because of the rain the yarn doesn't look nearly as pretty in my craptastic photos as it does in the stash closet. Here's photos anyways!
Schaefer Andrea, 100% Silk. There's over a whopping 1000 yards! Yay!
(Here's the real awful photo. Sorry, Schaefer!)
This is Miss Priss in Georgia O'Keefe. Sweet pastels. Can't wait to knit with it.
And as a surprise, they threw in not one, but 2 skeins of Helene, their silk/merino wool blend. This stuff is super soft.
They also sent a couple of skeins for me to play with. I've had a design for a shawl in my head for months. I think it's going to end up being a scarf, perfect for the fall or early winter. I might even make a matching hat, if I have the yardage available.
Not much else is going on. My final algebra class is tonight. I'm giddy and relieved. I'm a bit sad too. I'm afraid that it's the last time I'll ever see my algebra partner, someone who I've become unlikely friends with. I see alot of myself reflected in him. It's like staring at yourself from 10 years ago. Creepy, but powerful. I've grown alot and he still has some to do. I hope he finds what he's looking for.

4 Comments:

Blogger Octopus Knits said...

Beautiful yarn -- great color of Andrea ; ) I really love the Helene colorway, too!

Good luck with getting the house in order : )

4:22 PM  
Blogger jennsquared said...

Nice Yarn!!!! I still need to make the bag for Schaefer!!!

6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice rainy day package! Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

8:44 AM  
Blogger Gauss said...

The end of the school year is always bitter-sweet... Enjoy your algebra-free time, though, and have fun with that gorgeous yarn!

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home