Thursday, May 29, 2008

Sometimes I Like Surprises.

Last night I was couching. I should have been at SnB, but since my wrist felt like it was going to fall off and Hubs had a hockey game (grr), I made the decision to stay home. At one point Rebecca called me and I explained what happened. It seemed like they were having fun, even trekking to Ashley's without me.

I put Jack down and started to flip between the Yankees game and Supernanny. I heard people walking up to my door. The doorbell rang. WTF? Who's ringing my doorbell after 9 at night??

It was Jenn and Rebecca. They brought SnB to me! And ice cream- chocolate Reese's with chocolate sprinkles. Oh, how I love these women! They stayed and chatted with me. It kept my mind off the wrist, which was perfect. Most of all, I was thankful that I had picked up most of The Boy's toys and had clothes on.

Sometimes, surprises are awesome!

6 Comments:

Blogger jennsquared said...

Glad you like the surprise :) It is ALWAYS good to have a cool surprise! :)

1:48 PM  
Blogger Baby Beth said...

That was so sweet of them! We all did miss you...there were so many of us last night.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

Sounds like you've got great knitting friends.

2:02 PM  
Blogger Yarnhog said...

How fun! That was really thoughtful of them.

8:29 PM  
Blogger Octopus Knits said...

What a great surprise!

I hope your wrist is feeling better, and that the camera up the hoo-ha thing goes well. I'm glad you are getting it checked out.

The scarf is so pretty - I'm sure Mildred will love it! I still love looking at your pretty pink singles.

Sorry we were so late to MA Sheep & Wool... I'm glad I got to see you guys : )

Good luck with selling the house, and happy (belated) birthday! (Those earrings were truly stunning in person - I, too, love sapphires, and they look gorgeous on you. What a wonderful gift)

Hee, hee... You are too prolific for my inconsistent blog reading capablities! I must do better : )

1:19 AM  
Blogger Acornbud said...

What great friends! Oh and btw, you've been tagged:)

4:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home