Sunday, May 25, 2008

Today is Rebecca's birthday. Go say Happy Birthday to her. I'll wait....





Yesterday was Mass Sheep and Wool Fest. I saw many of my favorite bloggers and had moments of shyness. I actually stalked one for about an hour or so (and almost Kinneared her and went home) before getting up the nerve to say hi. (How come Carole doesn't tell anyone A- how beautiful she is and B- how her laugh makes everyone else in the group laugh or C- her shawl is even more stunning in person or D- once you start to talk to her, you want to sit and gab for an hour. She doesn't tell anyone any of these things, but they are all true.) I really wasn't myself or I would have walked up to any of them and chatted them up. Sigh. Just was not feeling myself.

I bought a couple of small things. In all honesty, I had trouble spending the cash that I had. I was a bit impatient, a bit crampy and a lot tired. I found little that made me, "Ooooh!"...if you know what I mean. I wanted to find 9 inch circs. They were everywhere in Maryland (but when I went to purchase them they were gone), and I couldn't find them in Mass.

Anyways, I bought they obligatory skein of Foxhill Farms Cormo laceweight- only 1.6 ounces to conserve cash this time around. I can't wait to work with this stuff. I think I've decided to make an aran sweater out of it, but that could change. I'm open to suggestions.



I bought my first skein of Spunky Eclectic lace. I think I might be in love. Alice literally skipped to her booth and we went back repeatedly throughout the day. I can see why. Beautiful stuff, that Spunky has.

I also bought a copy of Foxfire's Terrazzo jacket pattern. Three things. Yeah, that's it. Pretty lame, I know.

But then we stopped at Webs on the way home. Oh, Lord. It was (blogless) Irish Ann's first time going. I wish I took a photo of her face when I showed her the back warehouse. Heehee.

I bought a sweaters worth of Berrocco Comfort. ON SALE!

Craptastic photo, sorry! The sun was going down as I rushed to take these.
And a Juliet sweater's worth of Valley Yarn's Sugarloaf:


And these jumped into my cart:


Who can guess what I'll be attempting?? Anyone?? If you know me, you'll know what I've been bitching about not having! (If I had a prize, I'd offer it up as a contest. But the stash is in the basement and not coming back up for anyone.)

And the birthday was fantastic! Thanks to all who sent wishes to me. I love saying that I'm 34 now. And that I'm older than Hubs (only by 5 months, but it's a fun 5 months!)

5 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

Thanks for saying such kind things about me. I was glad to meet you and I wish you could have sat down with us and chatted for longer.

7:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not lame at all. I bought two skeins of yarn at Mass S&W on Sunday- and that's double what I got in Maryland. If you're lame, I'm ?????? (no don't finish that).

8:57 AM  
Blogger KnelleyBelley said...

You came home with quite a haul!

I'll have to add a Juliet to my queue. The more I hear about people knitting it, the more I want my own!

11:26 AM  
Blogger Hunny said...

What would you use 9 inch circulars for??
And can I just tell you that I have never been to Webs. What a Bad fiber lover I am!!

2:11 PM  
Blogger jennsquared said...

Are you making socks????? Oh come on!!! SOCKS Rock!!!!

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home