Saturday, June 28, 2008

Big House in the Woods.

I finally have photos of the house. I adore her. Seriously. It kills me that I have to wait 3 weeks to move in. 3 weeks and a bunch of stress (not to mention that surgery I have scheduled.)
When Hubs and I started this adventure, we wrote down things that we wanted and didn't want in our dream house. Big things- like a flat back yard for The Boy to play wiffle ball in, a master bedroom that would fit that king sized bed we've been dreaming of and more than one bathroom. Small details like the doorknobs all had to match and lots of light.

One of the things we agreed on: If you're moving out to the sticks, move so you can't see your neighbors. This is the view from the gargage, looking down the driveway. You can't see the road. You can't see another house. You can't see a goddamn boat.

This house just might be heaven.

15 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

It looks beautiful! I think those 3 weeks will go by quickly.

9:46 AM  
Blogger Baby Beth said...

It's great!!!! I can't wait to have "SnB Special Edition: Big House in the Woods" there. :)

10:02 AM  
Blogger Cookie said...

It's lovely! I agree with Carole. Three weeks will fly by.

10:53 AM  
Blogger KnelleyBelley said...

What a beautiful house. The 3 weeks will fly by and you'll be playing wiffle ball in the back yard in no time. How fun!

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

12:15 PM  
Blogger Yarnhog said...

YAY! I'm so happy for you!

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That house looks wonderful. When I grow up, I want one just like it. :)

4:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So idyllic! Looks so nice and large and private:)

4:53 PM  
Blogger the boogeyman's wife said...

looks good! i agree on not seeing your neighbors, it always kills me to be in the middle of nowhere and suddenly see bug expensive houses crowded together. might as well have stayed in the city then! i bet the 3 weeks does fly by too.

6:47 PM  
Blogger Xia Diaz said...

It's gorgeous! Congrats! Enjoy it!

12:39 AM  
Blogger Octopus Knits said...

Beautiful! Congratulations!!!!

9:50 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Wow, what a great looking house! I am so jealous that you have that much space between you and others! *sigh* Have you started picking out colors for the walls (painting before you move stuff in is much much easier, you know).
Looks to me like there is more than one bathroom...he he he.
Congrats...oh, and the three weeks will just fly!

12:59 PM  
Blogger Archiknist said...

Gorgeous!!! (And I totally agree about the neighbors thing--that's the first thing I think of when I see a group of houses close together in the middle of nowhere.)

6:37 PM  
Blogger jennsquared said...

Congrats on finally finding the one! SO excited for you!

7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome house! Congrats! :o)

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home