Monday, June 23, 2008

Brief Moments of "Girly"

It's a rare occasion when I get to be "girly". I sometimes like going through the ritual of putting on makeup, doing my hair and wearing a dress. Most of the time I'm more the shorts and tee shirts girl than high heels and sparkles woman.
I decided that I needed to pamper myself this weekend. So I bought 2 new dresses on sale (no photos, sorry) and painted my nails.
What do you think? Is blood red show stopping enough?
(Yes, those are my actual, live, non-acryllic, natural nails. I swear they just grow that long...with a little help from a daily multivitamin and a nightly ritual of Aquafor. After this paint starts to chip I'll cut 'em down. For now, I'll just enjoy them.)
This these can get me out of doing laundry for a few days?

8 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

My nails would never look like that! They look terrific.

5:14 PM  
Blogger Yarnhog said...

Beautiful nails!

6:00 PM  
Blogger sophanne said...

For me summertime = try to grow your nails. Every. Year. Yours look great.

6:11 PM  
Blogger Baby Beth said...

Ooh! Very nice. I only do red on my toes. I feel crazy with it on my fingers. Nice job too, I'm sloppy when doing my own nails.

6:59 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

I think your nails look beautiful and I wish I could pull off having blood red nails!!!

1:46 AM  
Blogger Acornbud said...

The red nails are great. Can't get more girly then tha;)

3:50 AM  
Blogger KnelleyBelley said...

So pretty. Can you knit with those nails?

10:16 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Fancy schmancy! The red nails are so I Love Lucy. You could be a hand model.

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home