We chose the house with the boat!! I thought for sure I'd have a few snide comments about it, but no one bit. Tell me that's not karma?!?! The boat was there temporarily while he cleaned it up. He's selling it at the dock this week.
Anyways, before we all get excited, I'm pretty sure that we've lost the house. Apparently there was another offer made the day before we did and the buyer has decided to go with that one instead of ours. I'm not sure if it's 100% true or not. Something tells me something fishy is going on when a house that sits empty for 7 months with no traffic suddenly gets 2 offers in a 24 hour period...hmmm. Fishy.
We have a back up house. The one with the bad lawn is around the corner, built by the same construction company, and in our price range. So, another offer went in this evening. We'll hear back by tomorrow afternoon.
Why do I get the sinking feeling that I'm going to be living with my mother in law? (Not that it's a bad thing, really. But I think I'm too old to be living with mom and dad...don't you?)