I Should Really Start That Book Now.
I swear that what I'm about to tell you is true. I can't make this stuff up if I tried. It deserves a bullet list.
- One house looked perfect on paper- 5 plus acres, 3 bed, 2.5 bath, on a cul du sac, secluded, very motivated seller. The stench of animals hit us as we opened the door. Seeing as Hubs, The Boy and myself are all allergic to animals- I say that house is a 4 on the 1-10 scale.
- One house had dead animal skins and heads in multiple rooms in the house. 3 on 1-10 scale.
- One house had a 30 year old kitchen that was never updated. The oven handle was being held on with electrical tape. And they were asking 400K for this place. 1.4 on 1-10 scale.
- One house boasted a "stargazing room" which turned out to be no more than a 6x6 foot hole cut into the attic, a glass enclosed top put on and then a long metal ladder to climb up to said "room". Um, no thanks. Nice kitchen though. 7 on 1-10 scale.
- One house had a woman still there- no problem, it's her house. But she opened the door and very sarcastically said, "You're 45 minutes late. I have dogs. I can't stay out all day you know!" Funny part is, we weren't even late! We requested an hour long appointment but showed up with 15 minutes left.
- One house was obiviously a divorce situation. You could feel the pain of the house as you walk through the rooms. Ugh. Nice house though. 6 on 1-10 scale.
- One house had no front walkway to the door. We entered in through the garage so that's not a big deal. But what about guests?
- Same house- we pull half way up the looooong, shared driveway and the neighbor had A BOAT! I was driving, slammed on the brakes and told our agent, "Nope, turning around. Not even dealing with it!"
- Another house had the largest bedroom I've ever seen in a house, but the yard was so torn to hell that you couldn't even walk on it without the dead grass poking you. I'm a sucker for big beds so I give it an 8 out of 10.
All told, it was an experience.
We put an offer on one house.
You tell me- which one do you think we picked??