Monday, June 09, 2008

Look Kids- Big Ben...Parliment!

My family spent 4.5 hours in the car on Saturday driving around looking at houses. We didn't go into any, mind you. This was just driving around. Hubs gets free gas with his company car, so it didn't cost us anything more than our sanity.

Honestly, it wasn't that awful. The Boy behaved himself, for the most part. We took a break and had a run around the park plus dinner midway through. It's tough trying to imagine uprooting our lives and moving 45 minutes away, but the house and land values are so much greater out there. It's almost foolish to stay in this area housing-wise.

We were able to knock off a few houses from our list. Either the road was too busy, the house looked dumpy or the yard was just blatantly too unsafe for The Boy. We also found some beautiful ones, including one that had an actual stargazing room on the roof!
I also spent part of my Saturday in the promise land. No, not Webs....Tiffany's!! Is it bad that I just want to say that own one thing from there?
I knit some this weekend too. Finished the back of the Silkroad Blouse:
And I started (and promptly frogged) a sock.
The needle is a size 1, 9 inch circular. I can see how it wouldn't be good for everyone. I'm still learning to love it.
And I started Juliet from Zephyr Style. Love this sweater!!
Not much else is going on. Heatwave, trying to stay cool...that's about it!
(Oh, and that damn Packrat game. Thanks, Bag n Trash for the introduction to that time-suck.)

4 Comments:

Blogger Deenz said...

Just wanted to leave you a note that the *thing* you asked about is still under the counter at the store...I figured you got busy between child and house and everything else! It is the last one, though, so I wanted to be sure to secure it!

11:24 PM  
Blogger Archiknist said...

Hey, is the sock big enough to knit on a 9-inch needle (does that make sense?) I usually make socks that are about 8 inches around (so, too small for a 9-inch needle), and my feet are bigger than yours.

11:28 AM  
Blogger KnelleyBelley said...

Good luck with the house hunting. Must be fun to poke around other people's houses!

7:45 PM  
Blogger Octopus Knits said...

The feather and fan pattern is so pretty in that yarn : )

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home