Monday, June 30, 2008

Too Young.

I found out that my cousin Jennifer died suddenly Sunday morning. She was 36.


I'm sad. My aunt, her mother, would babysit me when I was younger. Jenn was responsible for keeping me entertained. We'd spend time in the field behind her house, sneaking cigarettes and when we got a bit older, beer.


She leaves 3 children, one of which is about The Boy's age. She was married to her long time boyfriend on 6-6-06 (that should show you the sense of humor she had!) and they just celebrated 2 years a couple of weeks ago.


She had her rough spots in life. As a teen she partied (perhaps her younger cousin was by her side *cough*) but life slowed down for her after she grew up a bit. She graduated college, attending part time while working and raising her family. She was someone that I looked up to. She wasn't always graceful, but she told you like it was. Whenever there was a loss in the family, she was the first one by your side and the last one to leave.


I know death happens. It's part of the circle of life. But this is just so sad for me. I sit here questioning my own mortality, knowing that someday The Boy won't have a mom and Hubs won't have a wife. It really just makes me want to cry.

I feel awful for her family, knowing that they have to pick up the pieces.

12 Comments:

Blogger Baby Beth said...

I'm sorry, hun. If you wanna talk, you have my number.

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so sorry for your loss. she sounds like a wonderful cousin and friend to have in your life.

8:10 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Shit, I am so sorry.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Cookie said...

I'm so sorry for your loss.

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How terrible - I'm so sorry. :o(

1:16 PM  
Blogger weeble wobble said...

oh no, that is the worst, the sudden-ness. No time to say goodbye or last thoughts. I'm so sorry.
-KT

4:06 PM  
Blogger Yarnhog said...

I'm so sorry. Death is always hard, but it's so much worse when someone dies so young, especially when they leave young children behind.

4:17 PM  
Blogger KnelleyBelley said...

I'm so sorry.

5:27 PM  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

36 is much to young. I'm sorry for your loss and I'll be thinking about your family.

5:57 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I'm sorry :(

11:15 PM  
Blogger Xia Diaz said...

I'm so sorry.

8:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry! That's so much too young. Sending hugs to your dear ones, and you.

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home